Provides intermediate level direct support as Administrative
Professional for departments with intermediate supervision. Serves
as a liaison to various internal and external customers.
- Types correspondence, memos, reports, or other documents to
include formatting documents, spelling and punctuating accurately,
- Assists in the development of spreadsheets, tracking tools,
presentations, and speeches using the appropriate software.
- Answers, screens and routes phone calls, takes messages,
schedules appointments, and manages calendars.
- Duplicates documents, processes and distributes mail, sets up
and maintains filing systems. Is responsible for
trouble-shooting office equipment problems.
- Makes travel arrangements including transportation and hotel
reservations, as directed.
- May be responsible for setting up conferences, seminars dinners
or special programs.
- Orders supplies from internal and external sources and
processes reimbursements and maintains records of these.
- May assist with the preparation of grants and contracts and
routing of them for approvals.
- Acts as a team member providing back up for staff absences and
vacancies, as needed or directed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Accountability: Accepts full
responsibility for self and contribution as a team member; displays
honesty and truthfulness; confronts problems quickly; displays a
strong commitment to organizational success and inspires others to
commit to goals; demonstrates a commitment to National Jewish
- Attention to Detail: Accomplishes
tasks by considering all areas involved, no matter how small;
showing concern for all aspects of the job; accurately checking
processes and tasks; being watchful over a period of time.
Sets high standards of performance for self and others;
assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully
completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of
excellence rather than having standards imposed.
- Collaboration/Teamwork: Cooperates
with others to accomplish common goals; works with employees within
and across his/her department to achieve shared goals; treats
others with dignity and respect and maintains a friendly demeanor;
values the contributions of others.
- Managing Work and Time/Project
Management: Effectively managing one’s time and
resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. Effectively
manages project(s) by appropriately focusing attention on the
critical few priorities; effectively creates and executes against
project timelines based on priorities, resource availability, and
other project requirements (i.e., budget); effectively evaluates
planned approaches, determines feasibility, and makes adjustments
- Peer Relationships: Interacts with
others in a constructive, positive, and respectful manner,
regardless of individual differences. Assists team members or
co-workers in achieving personal goals and completing
Supervisory or Managerial
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with
- Be well groomed, appropriately for your role and wear ID Badge
- Be in compliance with all departmental and institutional
policies, the Employee Handbook, Code of Conduct and completes
NetLearning by due date annually.
- Fosters an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual
differences are valued and leveraged to achieve the vision and
mission of the institution.
- Adheres to safe working practices and at all times follows all
institutional and departmental safety policies and
- Wears appropriate PPE as outlined by the infection control
policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates compliance with all state, federal and all other
regulatory agency requirements.
High School diploma required.
2 years of administrative assistant or related office setting
Special Training, Certification or Licensure