About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global
non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a
place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure
the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure,
and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is
for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our
responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users,
policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate
partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking,
technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be
part of our mission.
The Internet Society (ISOC) is committed to a culture
of diversity and inclusion, where all individuals are
valued for their distinct contributions. Our people are the
most valuable strengths we have. The collective sum of the
individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness,
innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that
our staff invests in their work represents a significant part of
not only our culture, but our reputation and ISOC’s
About the position
The Sr. Data Engineer (SDE) will lead the expansion, development
and operations of our data pipeline architecture, integrations, and
data transfer for Internet Society systems/tools.
Location USA (Remote)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Build, deploy, and maintain infrastructure required for
extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL) of data from a wide
variety of data sources.
- Ability to structure and combine data from different
- Identify, analyze, design, and implement solutions to automate
manual reporting processes and data delivery.
- Have strong analytical skills to work with stakeholders across
our organization to assist with measurement and data-related
technical solutions and support their data infrastructure
- Support development of visualizations and dashboards as
- Contribute to the development of Internet Society’s Data
Management and integration strategy.
- Must be self-directed and adaptable in a fast-paced
environment with evolving needs.
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate will have 10 years of experience and
proficiency in the following areas:
- Python 3.x (Primary libraries include Pandas, Requests,
Asyncio, SQLAlchemy, Pytest, Falcon)
- Relational and non-relational databases (Postgres, MySQL,
- Pipeline orchestration tools (Apache Airflow)
- Cloud server deployment and management (AWS, Digital Ocean,
- Object storage solutions (Digital Ocean Object Store, S3)
- CI/CD tools (Jenkins, TravisCI)
- Version control software (Git/Github/GitLab)
- Developing data models and visualizations in BI tools
- Message queuing services (AWS SQS, RabbitMQ, Redis,
Additional experience/familiarity with one or more of the
following domains a plus:
- Data Warehouses (Snowflake, BigQuery, Redshift).
- Working with Salesforce, Netsuite, and SAP Concur APIs.
- Stream processing (Apache Kafka, Apache Spark, Pyspark).
- Web scraping (Selenium, Splinter, BeautifulSoup).
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and
ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact
positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary
- Ability to travel when needed, when travel resumes.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be
competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s
qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position
has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly
and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation
The Internet Society is an equal opportunity
employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made
without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national
origin, color or any other protected class.