The Events Program Manager reports directly to the Director of
Sales & Marketing for the Riggs Alumni Center. They are
responsible for the execution of event rentals within the Alumni
Center. The Program Manager serves as the main point of
contact for clients, and supervises student interns and workers as
necessary. In addition, they serve as a consultant to other
staff within the division for their events at the Riggs Alumni
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Manage logistics such as but not limited to: conduct
preliminary walk-through meetings with clients, create room
diagrams, discuss event needs, negotiate catering on behalf of the
client, and arrange parking when necessary. Will be onsite at
all assigned events (roughly 15 per month).
- Effectively “up-sell” items such as bar packages, in-house
uplighting, and staging to enhance the client’s event.
- Manage highly visible VIP events and Tier I
- Supervise student workers to include event operations support,
cashiers and marketing support as necessary.
- Manage weekly schedule with campus security and serve as
a POC for bi-weekly campus event planners meeting
- Manage beverage inventory including monthly inventory, price
comparison between venues and product, supply ordering
- Ensure all billing is complete with the client, working closely
with the association’s accounts receivable office.
- Complete timely follow-up with clients such as thank you notes,
gifts and event evaluations.
- Maintain inventory of all event related equipment to include
but not limited to: laptops, iPad, easels, flipcharts, etc.
- Maintain necessary venue permits & licensing process to
include: liquor, special entertainment, and food service
(include licenses, certifications,
Bachelor’s degree required.
A minimum of five years of experience managing and planning a
variety of events through closeout. Candidates must also have
experience in a nonprofit, hotel, catering, or event venue
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Superior customer service skills and friendly disposition
- Excellent creativity, idea generation, and on-target solutions
for the development and enhancement of events.
- Strong leadership and organization skills.
- Experience in food/beverage management
- Strong knowledge of, and relationships with, event-related
vendors including florists, audiovisual, linens, special effects,
gifts and favors, and other service providers.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high-quality,
- Skilled in discovering and anticipating client needs, and
designing creative event solutions.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite.
- Proficiency in event management and/or diagram software (CVENT,
Tripleseat, Room viewer, or similar program)