The Wounded Warrior Project (WWP) Corporate Partnerships
Specialist collaborates with the WWP Corporate Partnerships team
and builds relationships with corporate sponsors, individual
donors, and foundations, and secures high-dollar, multi-year
funding to achieve Wounded Warrior Project’s fundraising and
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify new corporate sponsors, develop relationships with
them, increase their awareness of Wounded Warrior Project (WWP)
programs and services, and engage them programmatically with
- Oversee requests, leads, and contacts and engage
- Effectively communicate to new corporate sponsors the value of
the WWP programs and services delivered to wounded warriors and
their families when asking for their financial support.
- Obtain new corporate sponsors financial support at six- and
seven-figure levels and multi-year gifts.
- Manage the current corporate sponsors portfolio. Maximize these
professional relationships to meet the objectives of both the
sponsors and WWP.
- Collaborate and work effectively with multiple internal WWP
teams and with external corporate sponsors teams.
- Manage projects between WWP and its corporate sponsors.
- Work with WWP Legal team, Communications team, and Marketing
team to incorporate corporate sponsors’ logos on WWP items.
- Create and maintain a professional network on behalf of Wounded
- Leverage corporate relationships to engage individual donors,
foundations, and employees by working cross channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, &
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to develop
and maintain professional relationships at all levels of an
organization and build successful and effective relationships.
- Experience stewarding corporate, foundation, and individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills. Demonstrated
ability to respond to changing priorities and complete assignments
and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, demanding working
- Demonstrated analytical ability and utilize critical thinking
skills and analytical skills in problem solving.
- Strong presentation skills. Confident communicator with
demonstrated ability to present information effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to establish credibility, be decisive,
influence others, and influence change.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and efficiently manage
- Demonstrated understanding of Wounded Warrior Project and its
mission, values, programs, and services, and the impact of these
programs and services on wounded warriors and their families.
- Demonstrated understanding of military service organizations
(MSOs) and veteran service organizations (VSOs).
- High energy level, self-starter, and willing to take
- Unequivocal commitment to the highest standards of personal and
business ethics and conduct.
- Mission-driven, guided by core values, and a pleasure to work
- Five years of account management experience.
- Five years of experience fundraising or outside sales.
- Three years of experience working with senior management and
- Five years of marketing experience.
- Five years of experience working in non-profit
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSURE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing, or
related field. Equivalent combination of applicable education,
training, certification, or experience may be considered in lieu of
- Valid state-issued driver’s license.
- General office environment; temperature controlled.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, e.g., copiers,
phones, computers, filing cabinets.