Director of Alumni Engagement
Montana Technological University provides a
comprehensive benefits package for all eligible positions that
includes health, dental and vision insurance, mandatory retirement
plan with employer contribution, partial tuition waiver, and a
DUTIES: The statements below are intended to describe the
principal duties of the person or persons assigned to this job.
They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties
- Manage and lead effective alumni programs that support the
university’s strategic plan, as well as the goals of any
- Create short- and long-term strategies aimed at increasing
lifelong engagement between alumni and Montana Tech.
- While engaging with a wide swath of alumni and friends,
cultivate and be responsible for the continued support of a
portfolio of donors.
- Identify opportunities to infuse pride in Montana Tech and
create visible and strong alumni networks; develop additional
chapters and affinity groups.
- Plan and attend alumni events in key markets in order to assist
in identification and cultivation of gift prospects.
- Develop a comprehensive Alumni Engagement program.
- Participate in the planning and execution of Commencement,
Homecoming, Alumni and Community Awards, and Parent’s Weekend.
- Identify, recruit, and engage alumni for volunteer leadership
roles, especially successful and highly dynamic alumni, creating an
increasingly effective and engaged volunteer network in which
alumni advance to increasing levels of involvement and
- Educate graduating students about alumni benefits and engage
them in various programs and fundraising initiatives.
- Partner with Enrollment Services to spearhead the introduction
of alumni involvement in the admissions process.
- Partner with the Director of Career Development to plan the
growth and accessibility of career networking services for students
- Partner with academic units across campus to assist in the
development and dissemination of news and information and to
connect donors, supporters, and volunteers with opportunities to
engage and invest.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field
- A minimum of three years in alumni relations or marketing,
business development, fundraising, community relations or
- Networking skills
- Ability to assume role as a self-starter; energized and
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and understanding of
ethical standards when handling confidential
- Proven communication skills and writing ability.
- Ability to understand, engage and motivate people or
- Ability to work as a team member as well as independently to
- Ability to travel and work evenings and weekends as
- Experience recruiting, managing and cultivating high-level
volunteer leadership across all levels and demographics
- Experience in developing successful fundraising programs and
events, or alumni engagement
- Working knowledge of how to grow an institutions brand through
word -of-mouth marketing and social media