About the Internet Society
The Internet Society is a global
non-profit organization that works to protect the Internet as a
place of opportunity. We connect and empower communities to ensure
the Internet remains trustworthy—open, globally connected, secure,
and a resource for good in the world. We believe the Internet is
for everyone. But it’s more than just a privilege; it’s our
responsibility to improve it.
We mobilize technologist, end users, potential users,
policymakers, government agencies and institutional and corporate
partners to defend and promote the collaborative inter-networking,
technical standards, and protocols that grow and strengthen the
If you believe in the power and possibility of the Internet, be
part of our mission.
The Internet Society (ISOC) is committed to a culture
of diversity and inclusion, where all individuals are
valued for their distinct contributions. Our people are the
most valuable strengths we have. The collective sum of the
individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness,
innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities and talent that
our staff invests in their work represents a significant part of
not only our culture, but our reputation and ISOC’s
About the position
The Internet Society is seeking a Senior Frontend Developer
to join our expert staff. The successful candidate will work on web
front-end development. The successful applicant will contribute to
projects that measure and analyze specific aspects of global
Internet usage, protocol adoption, and routing security and will do
so by developing and supporting the infrastructure of the internal
and externally facing tools used by these projects.
The successful candidate will work closely with project leaders
and other technical experts within the Project Expert group in the
Office of Resource and Skill Management and will be assigned to
work on ISOC’s Internet Projects to Grow and Strengthen the
Internet worldwide and will collaborate with staff across the
Internet Society organization.
This is position is for 1 year.
Location: Open (Remote)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in architecture and software development
- Translates loosely defined requirements into solutions.
- Uses open-source technologies and tools to address project
- Writes programs or scripts to enable custom workflows.
- Collaborates with other project members to brainstorm about the
best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure,
security, or development problem.
- Performs incremental testing on code, processes, and
deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize
- Documents all work.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Experience of UX design.
- Knowledge of Web programming
technologies (NodeJS, Python, PHP, etc.).
- Experience with version control software (Git).
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent and collaborator and communicator who can convey
- Commitment to the Internet Society’s mission, values and
- Experience working with a Globally distributed workforce and
ability to work across time zone.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability interact
positively in a multicultural and multidisciplinary
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Full Stack WordPress administration experience.
- Database setup/administration experience - (e.g. SQL, SQLite,
Mongo dB etc).
- Knowledge of configuration tools such as Ansible and deploying
development CI/CD technology.
If you don’t feel you match these requirements but are
interested in the role, please feel free to apply and explain
further those areas where you might need support or would like to
further your experience in your cover letter.
Compensation and benefit package for this position will be
competitively commensurate with the successful applicant’s
qualifications. Applications will be evaluated until the position
has been filled. The list of applicants will not be posted publicly
and will be reviewed in confidence by members of the evaluation
The Internet Society is an equal opportunity
employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made
without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national
origin, color or any other protected class.