Job Description Summary
The Donor Experience Officer “DXO” will be part of University
Advancement's new Donor Experience Program, which focuses on
integrating development communications efforts with fundraising
workflows in order to engage and grow the next generation of
supporters of the university. In addition to joining University
Advancement's talented team of development professionals, the
candidate will have the opportunity to take part in a cutting edge
advancement program both within the university and across the
The DXO will provide a first-class philanthropic experience for
donors by leveraging digital and in-person engagement to build
relationships based on what is important to each individual donor.
The DXO works as part of a dynamic, high-performing team that
achieves advancement goals at Bentley University. Using a variety
of technology tools, including the EverTrue cloud platform, the DXO
develops personal relationships in a targeted, high-velocity manner
with an assigned portfolio of current, former and potential donors
that will result in renewed or increased support to the university.
The DXO cultivates donors, provides information that strengthens
the donor relationship with the institution, and solicits them for
annual giving while helping to build a leadership giving prospect
pipeline. This role is critical in helping Bentley University
achieve both its near-term campaign and long-term fundraising
objectives. The DXO will work under the supervision of the Deputy
Director of Development and will work under the guidance of the
EverTrue Advancement Program Manager.
- Manage a 1,000 prospect portfolio conducting engagement,
cultivation and solicitation.
- Perform monthly and quarterly touchpoint cadence (averaging 50+
outbound touchpoints per day) utilizing email, social media, phone,
video conferencing and texting to prospects to demonstrate donor
impact and provide university information related to their
- Meet and exceed clearly defined activity, revenue retention and
- Partner with leadership gift officers to transition prospect
relationships as appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues within University Advancement,
including annual fund, engagement, planned giving, donor relations
and advancement communications.
- Be fluent in the menu of engagement and philanthropic
opportunities across the university to inform conversations and
- Build relationships across campus to be able to connect donors
with appropriate university faculty and program staff.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Bentley University's
campaign and fundraising priorities.
- Develop and articulate a deep knowledge of the culture at
Bentley University; its history and mission; academic,
extra-curricular and athletic programs; and its faculty, students
- Ensure communications are consistent with university branding
- Bachelor's degree with at least 3 years of professional
experience in fundraising, sales, marketing or transferrable
- Proficiency with computers, CRM data management and data
- Demonstrated experience prioritizing and organizing complex
projects and plans to deliver results.
- Experience working in an environment dependent on developing
and maintaining strong relationships.
- Positive professional who is self-motivated, results-oriented
and team player.
- Enthusiasm and ability to make direct person-to-person
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication
skills across multiple mediums, including videoconferencing.
- Intermediate command of Microsoft Word and Excel is
- Demonstrates a strong commitment to diversity, equity and
inclusion in a value-driven organization.
- Preferred experience in higher-education as a student leader or
professional, experience in sales-related field or similar.
- Ability to interact professionally and maintain
- Office/home environment with a significant amount of time
working on a computer and on the phone.
- Some weekend and evening duties are required as they may
pertain to donor and prospect events.
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that
welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values
differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building
strength through diversity. The University is committed to building
a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the
diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications
from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with
disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences