Battery Dance seeks to fill the newly established position of
Development Director. One of America’s most prolific cultural
ambassadors, host to New York City’s longest-running dance
festival, and nurturing provider of arts education in NYC public
schools and globally, Battery Dance seeks a motivated and
personable team player to lead the organization’s development
efforts, working with a lean, highly-skilled and exceptionally
dedicated team of board members, administrators, and program staff.
Based in Tribeca, Battery Dance has conducted signature programs
and performed in over 70 countries over the past 45 years. Battery
Dance aims to create lasting social impact by increasing human
understanding through dance, and is committed to equity, diversity
and inclusiveness in hiring.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Working closely with the Board of Directors, the President
& Artistic Director, and the Vice President and COO, to create
and execute clear and comprehensive annual fundraising plans;
- Growing the major gifts program to support Battery’s diverse
artistic and educational programs;
- Developing and executing corporate and individual donor
- Creating exciting and distinctive cultivation events and
- Developing a pipeline of prospects for major gifts,
legacy/planned giving, corporate sponsorships, and foundation
- Maintaining and updating donor information and interactions in
- Tracking latest technology and trends in fundraising.
- Demonstrates successful track record of creating and
implementing major gift initiatives;
- Exemplifies excellent written and oral communication,
interpersonal, and presentation skills;
- Possesses sound judgment and the ability to lead, working
independently and in teams:
- Shows maturity and knowledge of the arts and cultural
- Pays close attention to detail, establishes measurable
objectives, clearly articulates plans, sets and meets deadlines,
and multi-tasks in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment;
- Possesses knowledge of prospect research tools and best
practices for non-profit organizations.
- 5+ years experience working in a multi-faceted fundraising
- Background working with corporate, foundation, and individual
donors, and incorporating special events into giving programs;
- Track record working with performing arts and cultural
organizations, and knowledge of New York City’s philanthropic
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
To apply for this position: Please submit, in
one file, a resume and cover letter detailing your interest in the
position and salary expectations to email@example.com
with subject line “Development Director Position”.
*This position requires COVID-19
Battery Dance Company is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Employment is based upon personal capabilities and
qualifications without discrimination based on race, color,
religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability, marital status, veteran status, citizenship status, or
any other protected characteristic as established by law.