Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
Director, Development and Corporate
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Director of Development
and Corporate Relations is responsible for successfully
developing and implementing
cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for SIAM’s
fundraising efforts, leading to secured financial support from
individuals, corporations, and foundations. These strategies
include the major gifts program, annual fund and individual giving,
planned giving, corporate giving and sponsorship, special events,
and capital campaigns. The Director will work closely with the
Executive Director and SIAM leadership.
- Develop and execute strategies for the implementation of a
robust development program for SIAM, tied to an annual plan and
- Identify, secure, and steward grants from private foundations,
corporations, and public sources to support SIAM’s programs and
- Grow a major gifts program including identification,
cultivation, and solicitation of major donors.
- Oversee grant seeking for special projects including
researching, proposal writing, and reporting requirements.
- Build a planned giving program with a focus on deferred gifts
through estates and charitable gift annuities and trusts.
- Direct the annual fund program, including mailings and annual
- Develop a corporate giving program, including building
strategic alliances with corporate partners.
- Direct capital campaigns and other major fundraising
- Coordinate fundraising special events.
- Conduct prospect research.
- Assist in developing business opportunities, products and
- Oversee fundraising database and tracking systems.
- Generate donor communications.
- Assist in creation of print and digital content to support
- Maintain gift recognition programs.
- Perform other related duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree (required), Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of five years’ experience in development and
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial,
collaboration, and leadership skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, initiative, and independence in carrying out
Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics (SIAM) is an
international community of 14,500+ individual members. Almost 500
academic, manufacturing, research and development, service and
consulting organizations, government, and military organizations
worldwide are institutional members. SIAM was incorporated in 1952
as a nonprofit organization to convey useful mathematical knowledge
to other professionals who could implement mathematical theory for
practical, industrial, or scientific use. SIAM continues today to
advance the application of mathematics and computational science to
engineering, industry, science, and society. SIAM is located
3600 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. SIAM
offers a competitive and
comprehensive salary and employee
benefits package. SIAM is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status. Please send cover letter and
resume to Susan Palantino, email@example.com .