What started as a small group of families gathered around a
kitchen table in 1979 has blossomed into the nation’s leading voice
on mental health. The National Alliance on Mental Illness (NAMI) is
the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization
dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans
affected by mental illness.
Today, we are an alliance of hundreds of local affiliates, state
organizations and a national office who work in communities across
the United States to raise awareness and provide support and
education that was not previously available to those in need. NAMI
advocates for all who are affected by mental illness, both the
individuals and the people in their lives. In particular, we work
to address disparities and injustices and to promote dignity and
inclusion for all people with mental illness and their families. In
addition to being advocates, we educate, we listen, and we lead as
evidenced by our public awareness campaigns, the range of numerous
programs we provide, and our strong public policy.
We currently have an opening for a Senior Manager, Field
Resource Development. The Senior Manager will work with the
National Field Resource Development Team to create tools and
resources and guide local Walk Managers and staff to maximize Walk
fundraising. The Senior Manager will also lead local Walk
staff to meet or exceed fundraising goals.
THIS POSITION IS BASED
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and update materials to assist Walk Managers in
planning, budgeting, tracking, marketing and communications for
their local NAMIWalks events.
- Provide training (webinars, in-person, group and one-on-one) to
help Walk Managers perform their duties most effectively.
- Coach local Walk Managers and staff; help them stay on track
and best communicate with their sponsors and fundraisers.
- Work with National Walk Team to identify strategies for
improving fundraising at local Walk sites.
- Communicate regularly with Walk Managers via phone,
e-newsletters and email.
- Contribute content to social media, weekly e-newsletters,
website and/or collateral materials as needed
- Manage special projects, as assigned, like finding vendors for
fundraising incentives, piloting new incentive pilot program,
- 5 – 7 years of related experience
- Fundraising, marketing and PR experience
- Strong communication skills—oral, written and sales
- Strong organization/project management/relationship building
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level is appropriate (Communications,
nonprofit management, social work, marketing/PR)
- Need to be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, social media,
web publishing software. Comfortable learning new platforms.
- Need to be comfortable with traveling, finding and booking own
travel arrangements, public speaking, working with many personality
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Must pass background check.
NAMI is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
and is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive
workforce. NAMI prohibits
discrimination and harassment against any employee or applicant for
employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
marital status, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth
or related medical conditions, genetic information or any other
legally protected group status. We also provide reasonable
accommodation for candidates with