Reporting to the Assistant Vice President, Development, the
Senior Director, Arsht Center Fund and Development Operations will
oversee annual giving, memberships and cause or series-based
giving. This position supervises a Development Manager.
The following are examples of the various functions required.
The job requirements are not limited to items on this list.
The Arsht Center Fund and Membership (70%)
- Meets philanthropic revenue goals for the Arsht Center Fund and
- Meets upgrade, retention and acquisition goals for the Arsht
Center Fund and Membership.
- Creates and implements solicitation strategies and
methodologies (phone-a-thons, digital appeals, direct mail, and
telemarketing) to increase the size, diversity and giving of the
Arsht Center Fund donor base for donors contributing up to $9,999
- Creates and leverages best practices in designing digital and
social media outreach programs to achieve donor acquisition and
revenue goals and to lower the cost of donor acquisition and
- Maintains the annual giving calendar, including managing
regular planning sessions.
- Drafts fundraising appeals for different constituency
interests, develops and manages a member calling program and pulls
lists for all segmentations.
- Maintains vendor relations, manages business processes, and
oversees external production of the Arsht Center Fund and
Membership print materials.
- Works with the appropriate departments to update annual giving
web pages and social media presence.
- Participates in planning meetings, accepts special assignments,
assists colleagues, and provides support for all ongoing programs
and operations as needed.
- Establishes and retains partnerships with cultural
organizations and businesses to increase brand awareness, retention
rate and expand membership benefits.
Prospect and Donor Pipeline (20%)
- Maintains an active portfolio of the Arsht Center Fund
prospects and donors focused on gifts up to $9,999. Personally,
participates in cultivation and solicitations. Goals to be set by
- Assists the VP and AVP in securing volunteer leadership, such
as the Arsht Center Fund Chair or Co-Chairs and/or chair by case
- Builds and maintains relationships with donors and prospects
establishing tours as appropriate, personal visits, personalized
correspondence and supporting the celebration of their gifts,
including outreach to other like-minded prospects.
- Participates in prospect review meetings to brainstorm
cultivation and solicitation strategies.
Development Operations Oversight (10%)
- Supervises a Development Manager focused on gift entry, gift
processing, batching, gift acknowledgement, database management and
- Ensures an ongoing accurate and updated donor, member and
prospect database in the Arsht Center’s customer relationship
manager database, Tessitura and conducts audits to ensure
information integrity across all constituencies.
- Oversees all philanthropic gift entry and coordinates with
Development and Finance to ensure accuracy of all
- Ensures Development Staff and Finance have an opportunity to
personalize donor acknowledgement letters and facilitates timely
completion of the letters (ideally within 48 hours of receiving the
- Completes basic research to identify possible giving potential
of prospects and donors and coordinates with AVP to prepare
research briefings during prospect review meetings.
- Prepares analytical reports for meetings, including AACF, AACT
(including monthly Development Committee meetings) and internal
Note: This position requires flexibility in scheduling the
workday, as this position requires irregular hours.
- Five to 7+ years’ experience in a non-profit development
- A minimum of 3 years supervising staff.
- Independent worker who is creative, resourceful, and
- College graduate with professional experience in Development
Operations, annual giving campaigns and donor relations.
- Demonstrated interest in the arts and culture preferred.
- Enthusiastic, creative, flexible team player who embraces
challenges and works proactively.
- Must be adept at problem-solving with the ability to
multi-task, establish priorities and react when those priorities
- Knowledge of Tessitura and database functions a plus.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with the South Florida arts community.
- Experience working in a large, complex organization and general
venue operations knowledge.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
The Senior Director, Arsht Center Fund and Development
Operations should be:
- Detail oriented
- Action oriented; a doer
- Affable, easy to get to know
- Determined and persistent
- Highly energetic
- Dedicated to accomplishing the organization’s goals
- Technically proficient
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee is
frequently required to stop, reach, stand, walk, lift, pull, push,
grasp, communicate, and use repetitive motions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the employee may
frequently lift and or move 20 pounds of materials.
- The position requires the individual to meet multiple demands
from multiple people and interact with the public and other
Note: The above job description is intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by staff assigned
to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties, and skills required of staff in this
position. Duties, responsibilities, and skills are also subject to
change based on the changing needs of the job, department, or
organization. The job description does not constitute an employment
agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to
change by the Adrienne Arsht Center as the requirements of the job
The Adrienne Arsht Center is an equal opportunity
employer committed to being an inclusive workplace and strongly
believes in the importance of having a diverse group of individuals
represented both onstage and off.