Make-A-Wish New Jersey (MAWNJ) creates life-changing wishes for
children with critical illnesses. This is an opportunity for a
proven, dynamic and talented self-starter to join our team at one
of the leading Make-A-Wish chapters in the country, frequently
ranking in the Top 5 among chapters nationally and recently awarded
the “Power of One Award” (Chapter of the Year) by
Make-A-Wish America. The Major Gifts Officer position plays a
crucial role in our success, makes an immediate impact and provides
the opportunity to experience profound job satisfaction/fulfillment
by sharing in the power of a child’s wish come true.
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Major Gifts
Officer works to secure funds needed to advance the mission of
MAWNJ. Creating new, upgrading, and managing current major donor
relationships is a crucial piece of building our ambitious
philanthropic efforts. This position will be tasked with developing
and executing strategies to identify, cultivate, solicit, and
steward donors and prospects capable of giving at least $25,000.
The Major Gifts Officer will maintain a portfolio of prospects at
various stages of engagement and will develop a pipeline that
provides prospects for principal and leadership gifts.
- Manage a customized portfolio of 75 - 100 high net worth donors
- Create a comprehensive cultivation and solicitation strategy
for each donor in the portfolio and directly solicit major gifts in
support of MAWNJ.
- Take a leading role in identifying new prospects for assignment
to the portfolio.
- Plan and support donor recognition activities and cultivation
events that have a strategic impact on the success of the major
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum five years direct experience managing fundraising
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and solicit high net worth
- Proven track record in closing five and six figure gifts.
- Experience working a portfolio and developing strategic plans
for securing gift commitments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-motivated, highly organized, team-oriented person with
excellent written and communication skills, including the ability
to listen effectively.
- Natural relationship-builder who can find and make connections
between people’s passions and the mission of the organization.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and Salesforce beneficial.
- Travel throughout New Jersey required
Salary range is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter with salary
expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Major
Gifts Officer” in the subject line.