The Director of Development leads and manages a staff of
development professionals, while planning and executing a
comprehensive philanthropic program for the College of Business in
coordination with the Executive Director of External Relations
& Advancement and the Dean of the College of Business.
The Director of Development will work collaboratively with
colleagues across University Advancement to identify, cultivate,
solicit, and steward major gift prospects for the College of
Business. All job functions must be performed with a high degree of
professionalism, including responsibility, initiative, creativity,
dependability, human relations, cooperation, courtesy, and in
compliance with Affirmative Action. A high level of personal and
professional integrity is a must, along with the ability to
communicate effectively and frequently with colleagues.
- Meet or exceed annual goals as defined each year in a personal
- Build and manage a major gift prospect portfolio of
approximately 75 major gift donors
- Solicit and secure gifts to reach an annual goal of no less
than $500,000 or more (as determined by supervisor)
- Complete 144 or more face-to-face meetings annually with donors
and prospective donors.
- Record moves management activity within the Advancement
- Work collaboratively with colleagues through donor
identification and donor referral.
Master’s Degree and 3 years of related experience.
Additional experience can be used to offset the educational
Prior experience in non-profit fundraising, higher education
fundraising experience is preferred.