Future Labs Grant Specialist
For more than a decade, One Earth Future (OEF) has worked to
solve complex problems at the root of armed conflict. Through its
unique culture of iterative learning and improvement, OEF designs,
tests, and partners to scale programs that help communities see
problems in new ways and solve them collectively. Future Labs
(www.futurelabs.org) is the
new initiative development department of OEF.
With its headquarters in Colorado and offices around the world,
OEF operates as a portfolio of peacebuilding programs, each with
its own director, strategy, and budget. What holds them together is
a common purpose: to provide an impartial platform for diverse
stakeholders to form adaptive problem-solving networks for peace.
At the foundation level, OEF provides the financial, strategic, and
operational support needed to iteratively develop solutions to
complex problems that could not have been designed in advance.
The Grant Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the
production of all materials related to the grant application
process from identifying and qualifying prospects, to writing
proposals and reports, to collecting data, budgets, and all
relevant documents from a variety of departments. Additionally, the
Grant Specialist will support the Program Manager in tracking the
grant cycle from prospect stage through completion, and making sure
that associated oversight materials are collected from Compliance
and submitted in a timely manner. The Grant Specialist is
responsible for completing assignments with demanding deadlines and
being a productive member of collaborative cross-team initiatives.
This position reports to the Program Manager of Future Labs but
will also work closely with other leadership and staff on a
Full time, Exempt, Salary
The starting range for this position is $50,000 - $60,000 annual
This position is benefits eligible. Offered benefits include
Medical, Vision, Dental, Life Insurance, Short- and Long-term
Disability, and a 401k.
This position is located at the OEF central office in
Program Manager, Future Labs
- Responsibility for researching, writing, compiling, and
supporting the timeline management of all grants. This includes
maintaining and overseeing workflow processes and procedures to
ensure accurate and efficient collection of materials and their
- Write grant applications and all reports and conduct prospect
research on new opportunities that align with One Earth Future’s
mission. Grant writing will include a range of funding sources
including private foundations, government grants, development
finance institutions, and international funding sources.
- Work with all departments to collect and synthesize data.
Oversee grant workflow processes related to data entry to ensure
adequate internal controls and that all grants data is
- Provide linkages between program directors, Accounting,
Compliance, Communications and other staff so that all activities
related to grant data collection and reporting are smoothly
- Work with the Compliance department to ensure compliance with
IRS regulations and One Earth Future’s requirements for
- Work closely with the Impact, Learning, and Accountability
(Monitoring and Evaluation) department to respond to requests for
special reports, collaterals, and non-grant materials with a
- Provide research for strategic fundraising outreach and
- Provide general support to the research and development (Future
Labs) department during peak periods.
- Perform other duties as needed.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills, and
This role requires a highly organized and detail-oriented
individual who can complete duties to a high degree, as assigned,
and on time. Specific requirements include:
- Undergraduate degree required. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience with grant tracking software.
- 2-3 years experience as a grant writer in the nonprofit sector
or comparable operating environment. Knowledge in international
relations, peacebuilding, conflict resolution, or related
- Excellent writing ability that is clear, concise, and analytic
- Ability to write for various audiences including foundations,
donors, and broader general constituencies.
- Comfortable with data management and administration.
- Superb organizational skills and proven research
- A proactive and efficient approach to work and completing
- Ability to learn rapidly, prioritize workloads, and adapt
quickly to changing situations.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and
situations, demonstrating poise, tact, and diplomacy with a
- Strong computer and word processing skills using Google Suite
and MS Office.
- Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Passion for working in a team environment.
- Commitment to One Earth Future’s vision, mission, and values
- Experience or interest in geographies where One Earth Future
- Experience working with international and government based
grants preferred (e.g., USAID).
- Experience researching funding opportunities, grant proposals,
and profiling funding entities.
- Past experience in data collection processes and/or
interpreting business documents.
- Past experience in and/or comfortable working across
departments to complete tasks and dealing with ambiguity.
- Past experience creating, improving, and/or implementing
administrative processes and procedures.
- Spanish and/or Somali language fluency
Physical Work Demands:
- Able to sit at a computer for extended periods of time.
- Able to bend at the waist and reach on a daily basis.
- Able to lift and move up to 25 lbs regularly.
At One Earth Future (OEF), we celebrate difference and
welcome its benefits. Therefore, we are proud to be an equal
opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment
opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex,
national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital
status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have
a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
let us know.