Doctors Without Borders/Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an
international humanitarian organization that delivers impartial
medical care to people affected by conflict, epidemics, disasters,
or exclusion from health care in over 70 countries.
We welcome candidates who bring a wide variety of backgrounds
and experiences to join us in working toward MSF’s common
Our dynamic Development Department is responsible for raising
over $500million annually in funds in order to meet the financial
needs of our organization which allows MSF to carry out its mission
effectively and efficiently.
The Technology, Product and Services team is responsible for
managing a best-of-breed marketing technology ecosystem, developing
efficient processes, processing bequests and stewarding donors with
The Marketing Technology Assistant Manager reports to the
Marketing Technology Manager and is responsible for the product
management of the department's operational technology. The role
also provides support on strategic marketing technology initiatives
to ensure coordination, effective utilization of the marketing
technology stack, and execution of small and major technology
projects across the Development department. You hold equal amounts
of love for technology, project management and the art of marketing
with the ability to collaborate across multiple teams to deliver
support and guidance to suit their specific needs with minimal
oversight from the Marketing Technology Manager.
Essential functions and
Technology Product Support
- Support product management of marketing technologies including:
Salesforce Marketing Cloud & NPSP, Springboard, and other
products in the marketing technology stack
- Lead the management of the Development teams core work
management platforms Allocadia and Workfront including vendor
management, user management, problem resolution, integration
management, ongoing training, onboarding, configuring solutions,
process design, process documentation, training documentation,
roadmap and future design
- Lead or support the search and procurement of new technologies
in collaboration with procurement and stakeholders. Identify the
requirements, the vendors to RFP, develop and manage the RFP and
support in contract negotiations.
- Be the go-to person for user account management within
- Help troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve technology-related
- Customize technologies to fit the needs of the development
teams to promote efficient work
- Document processes as they relate to the usage of the tools and
- Act as back up for the Marketing Technology Manager
- In collaboration with stakeholders, support the implementation
of key projects as needed, develop project plans, sharing and
managing these to successful and timely completion utilizing our
work management platform (Workfront)
- Be responsible for project tracking and analysis, including the
preparation of project progress reports and close-out reports
- Serve as a subject matter expert for project management
Training & Support
- Collaborate with Marketing Technology Manager and Training
& Change Manager to create training materials and onboard
new/existing staff on using products within the MarTech stack
- Oversee the work and responsibilities of the TPS intern
- Support the Marketing Technology Manager on building knowledge
and expertise on racism and bias in technology so that MSF-USA can
make better informed decisions when purchasing and utilizing
- Be another touchpoint in the Development department to
collaborate with Information Security & Data Compliance
- Technology roadmap planning and execution
- 3-5 years of experience supporting technology projects
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills.
- Experience working with marketing & fundraising
technologies such as CRM, email & automation platforms, and
- Fantastic communications skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to think through problems systematically,
integrate information from multiple sources, propose and implement
solutions, and monitor their effectiveness.
- Responsible, pro-active, driven and able to work
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially Excel and Word.
- A hands-on team player, comfortable in a fast-paced “all hands
on deck” environment.
- A passion for MSF and the work we do.
- Excellent judgment and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills that deliver desired results
by taking on varied approaches based on the needs of the
individuals or teams
- Digital marketing experience
- Knowledge and interest of international affairs and/or activist
- PM certification or education
Expected to work in a hybrid remote work environment
with the ability to come into either the NYC office or regional hub
(Washington, DC or Bay Area, California) a minimum of 2
times a week.
Please note that relocation assistance and visa
sponsorship will be offered for this position.
We do not accept phone calls or e-mails
during the recruitment process. Only shortlisted
candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled.
MSF-USA/Doctors Without Borders is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. No employee, or applicant for employment, shall be
discriminated against in any term or condition of employment
because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, or
sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. We
are constantly striving to make our organization anti-racist.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values. As an employee,
you become part of that mission. We expect this same commitment
from our staff.