Hours: 32 hours/week, flexible 4-day work
week (full time)
Salary: $68,000 - $73,000
Benefits: Excellent benefits package,
including health insurance, dental & vision coverage, sick
days, holidays, and vacation. Option to work remotely.
Green America is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating
a just and sustainable society by harnessing economic power for
positive change. Our unique approach involves working with
consumers, investors, and businesses to create economic systems
that work for all people and our planet. We deploy
marketplace solutions to solve the most pressing social and
environmental problems facing society today – from climate change
to food systems breakdowns to racial and social injustices.
The Center of Sustainability Solutions supports our supply chain
Innovation Networks – focused working groups of stakeholders with
the objective of making significant, industry-wide system change.
Our active networks include the Soil & Climate Alliance
(focused on regenerative agriculture), Climate-Safe Lending, and
Clean Electronics Production.
The Foundations and Corporate Giving Director for the Center for
Sustainability Solutions will lead the management, cultivation, and
stewardship of the Center’s foundation supporters and business
sponsors, while also growing the pipeline for both revenue streams.
You will work across the focus areas of the Center to develop and
execute a plan that will support ongoing revenue cultivation for
all of the branches of the Center’s work, while also managing a
portfolio of active foundation grants totaling over $2M.
As all three Networks are virtual, this position may be housed
in Washington, DC at the Green America offices, but may also be
Duties and Responsibilities
- In concert with senior Center staff, participate in the
development and implementation of fundraising strategies for the
Center and its networks.
- Steward our current foundation and corporate donors with
special communications, invitations, and personalized gift/grant
- Coordinate the submission of progress reports, financial
updates, and renewal proposals for active funders, and meet all
- Research potential new funders and identify areas of alignment
between their funding objectives and our work.
- Craft grant proposals and letters of inquiry for new sources of
foundation and corporate support.
- Coordinate cross-partnership efforts to secure large
- Meet or exceed the Center’s financial goals through foundation
giving, corporate sponsorships, and special project funding.
- Develop strong, productive relationships with foundation and
corporate donors, identifying their needs and issues important to
them and determining how we can work together.
- Ensure that network
plans contribute to greatest possible value
for foundation and corporate donors.
- Maintain records of all interactions with business supporters
and foundation prospects in our fundraising database, Raisers
- Participate in Cross Departmental Teams: The success of
our organizational work includes the voluntary participation of
staff members from all levels of the organization in cross
departmental teams addressing a range of issues to strengthen our
impact and planning, as time and other work commitments allow.
Skills and Experience
- Exemplary communications skills, interpersonal skills,
professionalism, and ability to build long-term relationships with
senior executives and high-level leaders across a range of
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 6 years of proven
foundation and corporate/business fundraising experience.
- Demonstrated experience in producing successful letters of
inquiry, proposals, sponsorship requests, and progress
- Excellent written skills with demonstrated ability to craft
compelling, effective messaging and collateral for fundraising
- Demonstrated strategic partnership building experience and
solicitation of sponsorships, grants, and/or major gifts
- Track record of securing 5-7 figure gifts or proven experience
meeting 7-figure annual fundraising goals.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize technology and donor databases
to manage fundraising efforts, track actions, and build funder
- Donor research skills and the ability to effectively identify,
segment, and prioritize prospective business supporters and
- Proven ability to effectively work in coordination with other
team and department leaders.
- Strong project management and organizational skills with
ability to meet tight deadlines, identify areas of synergies across
teams, and develop new fundraising strategies.
- Strong intrinsic interest in issues directly related to Green
- Ability to obtain a deep understanding of the Center for
Sustainability Solutions main program areas and communicate this
understanding to donors.
- Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) certification a
The position involves domestic travel time of up to 30%
(post-pandemic) for network meetings, conferences, business
development client meetings, staff training, and other purposes.
Travel may vary seasonally.
How to Apply:
To Apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Green America is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination regarding: actual or perceived race, color,
religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth,
related medical conditions, breastfeeding, or reproductive health
disorders), age (18 years of age or older), marital status
(including domestic partnership and parenthood), personal
appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
family responsibilities, genetic information, disability,
matriculation, political affiliation, citizenship status, credit
information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state
or local laws. Harassment on the basis of a protected
characteristic is included as a form of discrimination and is