VOLUNTEERS OF AMERICA NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
Join a winning and innovative team of thought leaders,
fundraisers and philanthropy experts at one of the nation’s largest
non-for-profits. This dynamic self-starter, in the position of
Senior Director, Campaign will collaborate across the organization,
igniting excitement about Volunteers of America’s Vision
for the Future Fundraising Campaign through the promotion
of widespread donor cultivation activities. Must be a passionate
advocate of the mission of Volunteers of America and deliver
thoughtful and accountable leadership and results to the
team by owning all campaign fundraising functions across the
The Senior Director, Campaign works closely with the CEO, Board
of Directors, Executive Team, and directly managed by the Chief
Development Officer, will lead Volunteers of America’s efforts as
we embark on the Vision for the Future Campaign, a
historic $83 million project to construct a new affordable housing
and service center in Washington, D.C.
The Senior Director, Campaign is responsible for securing major
gifts from individuals, corporations, corporate foundations, and
private foundations to support a four-year, $10 million fundraising
campaign. In addition, this position works to establish long-term
partnerships and strengthen existing relationships with the
corporations, foundations and individuals to ensure the long-term
mission of Volunteers of America. The position will also assist
with other VOA fundraising priorities, as directed. The
Senior Director, Campaign, works closely with the Chief Development
Officer, CEO, Vice President of Corporate Partnerships and
Executive Vice President of External Affairs to identify, engage
and secure national corporate and foundation relationships.
Essential Functions, Duties &
- Assists in leading fundraising campaign to raise $10 million
for the VOA Service Center at the Point (new senior affordable
housing complex with services and national office) – working with
the Chief Development Officer, EVP of External
- Affairs, CEO, campaign consultants/firm and other key staff and
- Assists in development and implementation of strategic campaign
fundraising plan –including creation of a compelling case for
support, working with Chief Communications Officer and other key
- Works closely with the Chief Development Officer, Vice
President of Corporate Partnerships and campaign consultants/firm
in the research, solicitation and cultivation of major donors,
corporate and foundation supporters -- targeting $1 million plus
- Leverages CEO, Board, Campaign Committee(s) and affiliate staff
leadership to cultivate and solicit prospective campaign donors as
well as former Board and staff members.
- Initiates opportunities for the CEO, senior staff, affiliate
CEO’s, and members of the National Volunteers of America Board of
Directors to interact with campaign prospects and understand their
interests and goals.
- Develops campaign funding proposals, working closely with
program and other key staff, for fully cultivated, “ready to ask”
- Creates marketing collateral and campaign donor products as a
cultivation tool to use with donors.
- Confers with Communications department on a parallel, national
awareness track of activity as an essential element to campaign
- Manages other Campaigns as assigned.
- Works with the Vice President of Corporate Partnerships to
solicit and secure national conference sponsors.
- Uses “moves management” process and CRM technology to
operationalize donor engagement.
- Provides management with planning and coordination of campaign
opportunities and conducts all necessary follow-up
- Provides end-to-end capability in managing campaign donors and
their consistent stewardship including timelines and projected
- Develops and implements stewardship initiatives for campaign
partners by facilitating meetings between partners and senior
staff, affiliate CEO’s and, when applicable, national board members
to ensure continuing partner cultivation and recognition.
- Monitors and oversees campaign partnership agreements.
- Assists with managing annual corporate and foundation Partners
- Assists with other VOA fundraising priorities as directed.
- Represents Volunteers of America at meetings, conferences and
other functions as needed.
- Develops and maintains an active list of contacts/prospects in
order to interact with external sources for the advancement of the
- Performs other duties as assigned.