Mary’s Path Director of Individual Giving and Special Events
Mary’s Path is the only program in Orange County and one of only
three residences in California serving pregnant and parenting teen
mothers from the foster care system. Mary’s Path is nationally
accredited and fully licensed as a Short-Term Residential
Therapeutic Program (STRTP) facility for pregnant and parenting
youth ages 12 to 21. The newly created position of Director of
Individual Giving and Special Events offers an opportunity to make
a profound difference in the lives of some of the community’s most
Our Mission: Believing that every life is a gift from God,
Mary’s Path empowers and equips vulnerable teen mothers and their
babies for lives of dignity, hope and self-sufficiency.
Our Vision: Graduates of Mary’s Path will break the negative cycle
typical of teen pregnancy and succeed as nurturing parents and
values-centered independent citizens.
Our North Star: The moms and babies we serve come first and all
decisions are guided by what serves them best.
Our mission, vision and philosophy acknowledge the organization’s
origins as a faith-based initiative as well as its evolution to
providing services regardless of residents’ religious beliefs.
Our work is facilitated through healing and love, instilling
hope for the future. Saving two lives at a time, we are here to
accompany a new family on the journey to a hopeful future. Honoring
the whole life experience of our residents, Mary’s Path is a loving
home of holistic care for teenage mothers and their babies.
Summary of Position: The Director of Individual Giving and
Special Events reports directly to the Executive Director and will
develop and maintain individual giving and philanthropic efforts
supporting the mission of Mary’s Path, and oversee all fundraising
focused special events. This position will be the primary point of
contact for donors and prospects at all levels, will plan and
execute development activities, and external relations efforts
while deepening the donor experience with Mary’s Path. This
position serves as a liaison to the donors and high net worth
individuals through the Executive Director. This position is a
leadership role at Mary’s Path helping to develop a new base of
donors and maintain the existing donors in the community.
The Director of Individual Giving and Special Events must enjoy
working with a non-profit organization that is mission-driven,
results-driven, and community orientated. This individual will have
extensive experience with donor solicitation, stewardship, and
communication; the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety
of situations, with strong written and verbal communication,
administrative, organizational skills; and the ability to maintain
a balance among multiple priorities. Must be able to handle a wide
variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion.
This is a full-time exempt position with flexible hours.
• Bachelor's Degree with significant writing skills required.
Advanced degree and CFRE certification are assets.
• Preferred experience - 7 years’ work in Development, with 3-5
years in a leadership role (Director, Assistant Director), in a
non-profit organization, internal and external communications,
community relations, fundraising, event planning
• Experience with donor cultivation and planned giving
• Experience working with industry leaders preferred
• Experience with Network for Good and/or similar donor management
system is preferred
• Experience and proficiency in writing and managing fundraising
communications – including solicitation, acknowledgement, and
written and oral proposals and presentations for individuals,
associations, and churches.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media
platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) including analytic and
• Proficient on social media and virtual fundraising skills
• Proficient in email marketing platforms (mail chimp, constant
contact, emma etc.)
• Proficient in graphic design for all social media platforms
The Director of Individual Giving and Special Events works with the
Executive Director and Board to support Mary’s Path’s vision and
help attain the organization’s goals. She/he will guide ongoing
individual giving activities including the annual fund, major
gifts, special events and partner with the Executive Director and
Board on community relationship building and maintenance. Other
essential duties include, but are not limited to, the
• Provide leadership for planning, creating and executing all
individual annual fundraising activities including individual donor
solicitation, cultivation, tracking and acknowledgement, major
gifts, planned giving and special events.
• Guide the implementation of the individual giving plan with
Executive Director, Board of Directors, and staff.
• Manage donor and prospective donor relationships through a
comprehensive program of identification, introduction, cultivation,
and benefit fulfillment activities.
• Assist Board members in planning and meeting their individual
• Represent Mary’s Path to the community at events and conferences
• Establish development policies, systems, and procedures, with a
special emphasis on professionalism and ethical standards for
soliciting, tracking and reporting gifts and for exceeding the
expectations of individual, corporate, foundation and government
• Advise the Executive Director and Board of Directors in service
of the organization’s major donors and prospects and support good
stewardship strategies for these donors.
• Assist Executive Director with donor introduction events,
endowment presentation events, anniversary celebrations. This
includes managing and coordinating invitations, reservations, food
and beverage, handout materials, souvenirs, video projection, and
working with vendors and consultants, etc.
• Oversee the planning and execution of Mary’s Path’s annual gala
with the Gala Committee, Board, and Executive Director.
• Accurately maintain Network for Good or current donor management
system donor data base for Mary’s Path, ensuring donor privacy,
data accuracy and timeliness of reporting.
• Query data and create reports and mailing lists for the Executive
Director from Network for Good’s or current donor management
• Prepare timely, personalized thank you letters and tax-receipts
• Supervise the appropriate use of donor software and reporting,
ensuring donor privacy, data accuracy and timeliness of
• Help represent Mary' s Path in the community by attending events
and staffing information tables as assigned.
• Participate as a member of the senior management team.
• Manage development volunteers, and interns, as appropriate.
• Assist with donor correspondence and telephone contact,
including, inviting donors to increase their gift amount or
• Prepare impact reports for all grant and donor funded
• Maintain inventory and distribute marketing materials (i.e.
stationery, brochures, video, donor package, press kit, display
• Assist with content and proofreading, plus coordinate production
and mailing of newsletters, special appeals and other printed
• Assist with electronic marketing media, including recommending
updates to the Mary’s Path Website and sending email-blasts.
• Maintain the Mary’s Path social media pages, maintaining resident
Mary’s Path offers a competitive salary as well as generous
medical, dental and vision insurance and an employer matched
retirement plan. This position also offers the opportunity to work
with a dedicated team of professionals who are passionate about
making a meaningful difference in the lives of young parents and
Salary Range $55,000-$65,000
*will consider part time work for very qualified individual