The Director of Marketing and Communication is responsible for
leading, developing, and implementing the schools full range of
marketing and communications efforts, including public relations
efforts. The Director is part of the senior leadership of CESJDS
and reports directly to and is supervised and evaluated by the Head
of School. As a senior leader at CESJDS, the Director is expected
to role model, promote professional practices, and embody the
values and mission of the School within the context of a
pluralistic Jewish community. This position will oversee a
Communications Manager and a Graphic Designer/Marketing Operations
- Serve as the Schools lead brand ambassador, champion, and
- Design, create, and implement a comprehensive marketing and
communications strategy that incorporates all CESJDS audiences and
- Lead all marketing efforts, including but not limited to brand
management, messaging, materials, digital and social media, and
outreach plans to advance the schools strategic and operating
- Work hand-in-glove with the Admission and Development teams to
build a model of Institutional Advancement. Lead monthly IA
- Develop and implement marketing and communications plans that
support the Schools recruitment, retention, alumni, and development
efforts, including event, enrollment, and campaign pushes.
- Produce and publish all school internal and external print and
digital communications, including videos, newsletters, brochures,
advertisements, annual reports, and other promotional
- Manage unique content channels including a blog, podcast,
constituent spotlights, website content, and more.
- Provide writing and editing support on Executive and
School-wide Communications, including Crisis Communications.
- Develop, implement, and oversee a communications protocol(s)
for the School, faculty and staff, and administration.
- Maximize CESJDS use of its website to enhance communications
and promote a strong sense of community among all stakeholders,
attract new students, and raise the public profile of the School.
Oversee day-to-day management of the website.
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships within
the CESJDS professional and volunteer community to ensure that all
staff members utilize proper communication strategies, that
messaging is aligned, and that opportunities to promote CESJDS are
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with local
and vertical media.
- Write and edit press releases, letters, articles, stories and
backgrounders that promote CESJDS.
- Develop yearly key messages for the School based on the
mission, strategic plan, and current initiatives.
- Build and cultivate relationships with faculty, students, and
staff and encourage all parties to share marketing content; work
with all constituents to develop user-generated content.
- Provide leadership, including day-to day management and
motivation of communications staff, ensuring collaboration and
development of staff members professional growth.
- Stay on top of current industry trends in communications and
marketing, particularly with an eye on the independent school
market. Make recommendations for application accordingly.
- Develop and manage departmental budget.
- Commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- BA in Marketing or Communication
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
- Experience in the Adobe Creative Suite is preferred
- Seven years' minimum experience in a progressively responsible
professional marketing/communications role preferably in an
educational or non-profit setting.
- A self-starter with a proven track record of creating,
implementing, and measuring strategic marketing campaigns
- Experience building social media strategies and developing
integrated content marketing campaigns
- Working knowledge of website content management systems
- Familiarity with developing and deploying email
- Experience producing internal and external marketing materials
and communications including brochures, one-pagers, and
- Strong creative, strategic, interpersonal and organizational
- Exemplary writing skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize, establish goals and demonstrate
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and change gears at
a moments notice
- Strong, effective, high-energy team player with a can-do
- Experience leading and managing staff
- Ability to develop strong relationships with administration,
staff, and parents
- Experience managing budgets and timelines
- Ability to thoroughly understand and support the Schools
mission and purpose
- Knowledge of and or experience working in the Jewish community
- Employees may be asked to perform their work responsibilities
on campus and/or at home. In both settings, employees are required
to maintain a professional environment.
- In accordance with the School's duty to provide and maintain a
workplace that is free of known hazards, the School has adopted a
mandatory Vaccination Policy to safeguard the health of our
employees and their families and the community at large from
infectious diseases such as COVID-19 and the flu, which may be
reduced by annual vaccinations. This policy complies with all
applicable laws and is based on guidance from the Centers for
Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health authorities,
To learn more about our School and to apply, please visit