YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
Do you love connecting with people? Are you passionate about
your favorite brands and keeping up with what’s trending? Do you
get energized by bringing ideas to life and tracking their success?
This time in our world, and in our society, requires organizations
like TNC to begin building deeper connections with younger, more
diverse communities. Consumer brands, celebrities and influencers
have the power to help reach, engage, elevate voices, and activate
more people. Are you our next cause marketing partnership Manager?
The Manager of Cause Marketing + Brand Partnerships
cultivates, solicits, and stewards corporate relationships;
develops, creates and implements plans that align with the
strategic priorities of the Global Marketing and Communications
division – including reaching younger, more diverse audiences; and
leverages the reach and reputation of corporate brand partnerships
and celebrity talent to further engage consumers, build affinity
and support for the organization and its mission, and raise funds
for conservation priorities.
The Manager will oversee a diverse portfolio of partners;
develop and execute creative direction and messaging, marketing and
promotion plans; manage and navigate the day-to-day relationship
management (internal and external) needed to achieve the goals of
each individual partner and related activation(s). Ensure that each
program, its creative and messaging reflect the positioning,
platform, and voice of the TNC brand, while also meeting the goals
and expectations of external partners. They implement
operational delivery of branding principles whether applied
internally or outbound. The Manager develops, manages, and
implements partnership logistics, including relationships with
internal and external stakeholders and outside vendors. They work
closely with the Associate Director and other members of the team
and external contractor(s) to support strategies and identify
priority partners and talent for cultivation, engagement and
ongoing stewardship. This role develops and implements
marketing/promotion plans – including messaging/materials,
brainstorming creative concepts, and collaborating across teams to
implement digital, social, PR and creative efforts associated with
the goals of each partnership and target audience. The Manager will
be an integral part of helping to prospect, build relationships
with, and ultimately cultivate new partnerships with corporate
brands and celebrity talent that directly serve younger, more
diverse communities. They coordinate and manages the review and
approval processes for assigned partnerships and works closely with
Associate Director(s) on the team to manage budget expectations
and, if applicable, contractor(s) for assigned partnerships.
They work closely with various constituents internally and
externally including senior staff, field offices, department and
division staff, corporate contacts, vendors, and other key
stakeholders to ensure delivery of projects/campaigns are
well-aligned with TNC’s brand strategy and principles whether
published through owned channels or partner/external outlets.
RESPONSIBILITIES & SCOPE
- Manage and serve as day-to-day lead on assigned partner
relationships and special projects.
- Designs, implements and directs multiple projects including
oversight/tracking of assigned budget(s).
- Responsibility and accountability for meeting project goals and
- Resolves complex issues independently within program area.
- Opportunity to act independently within program goals;
strategies checked through agreement by superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and a minimum 7 years’
related experience or equivalent combination of education and
- Experience cultivating and managing client and account
- Experience implementing and managing multiple complex
- Experience negotiating agreements.
- Multi-lingual skills appreciated.
- Experience working with multi-cultural or cross-cultural
- Experience in project and account management including
budgetary responsibilities and demonstrated success with meeting
revenue/development targets Experience leading in a team-based
environment with internal and/or external partners.
- Ability to design, implement and direct multiple projects,
setting deadlines and ensuring program accountability.
- Experience taking ideas from creative concept to active
- Practical knowledge of current and evolving trends in cause
marketing and sponsorships as well as a working knowledge of
rules/regulations governing these functions.
- Experience conceiving and writing creatively for various
audiences from technical information.
- Strong communication skills with ability to articulate ideas in
a compelling manner.
- Experience with performing due diligence and cost/benefit
- Detailed knowledge of procedures and terms in relevant field of
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, exercise
initiative, use discretion when handling confidential information
and effectively prioritize tasks.
- A personal passion for preserving and protecting the natural
world with a belief in the mission, principles, and values of
- Strong team player with a positive, upbeat attitude.
- Strong organization skills, accuracy, attention to detail and
ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with cultivation, sales/solicitation, and
- Experience managing strategic business relationships,
sponsorships and/or charitable sales promotions with major
- Experience developing and implementing marketing/promotion
- APPLY NOW
To apply for job ID 50484, submit your materials online by using
the Apply Now button at
https://careers.nature.org/. Need help applying? Visit our
page or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Nature Conservancy is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. Our commitment to diversity includes the
recognition that our conservation mission is best advanced by the
leadership and contributions of people of diverse backgrounds,
beliefs and culture. Recruiting and mentoring staff to create an
inclusive organization that reflects our global character is a
priority and we encourage applicants from all cultures, races,
colors, religions, sexes, national or regional origins, ages,
disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military,
protected veteran status or other status protected by law.
Do you have military experience? Visit our U.S. Military
Skills Translator to match your military experience with our
current job openings!
TNC is committed to offering accommodations for qualified
individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job
application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due
to a disability, please send a note to email@example.com with Request
for Accommodation in the subject line.