The Director of Annual Giving plays a critical role in
increasing unrestricted support and acts as an ambassador for the
Kean University Foundation. The Director of Annual Giving is
responsible planning, executing, and managing a comprehensive
multi-faceted annual giving program. Additionally, the Director of
Annual Giving is responsible for cultivating, soliciting, and
stewarding a targeted portfolio of 100 lead annual giving
- Create and implement a strategic plan for annual fund-raising
in support of the University and designated programs/centers.
Determine cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies
based on annual fund best practices paired with data analysis and a
knowledge of emerging technologies. Undertake new initiatives to
acquire, retain and upgrade annual donors.
- Realize annual fund-raising objectives by managing all daily
operations for the annual giving programs.
- Solicit annual giving prospects though a variety of modalities
including digital and direct mail, phone-a-thons, and in-person to
optimize donor acquisition, retention and increase dollars for
annual fund-raising activities.
- Manage an assigned portfolio of lead annual donors to maximize
their annual giving potential
- Plan and direct a University employee giving campaign by
working with appropriate internal departments and employees to
create a comprehensive program that creates a culture of
philanthropy and educates the internal Kean University community as
to the philanthropic needs of the Foundation.
- Spearhead the administration and annual growth of a Day of
- Working in conjunction with University staff, serve as the lead
author to create and manage the promotional and solicitation
components of the annual giving program.
- In consultation with Associate Director of Stewardship,
determine and execute stewardship plan for annual fund donors.
- Identify potential major gift and planned giving prospects from
among annual donors to recommend to philanthropy officers for
- Interact on a regular basis with foundation staff to share best
practices and coordinate efforts.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree and 3 - 5 years relevant experience required,
or equivalent combination of education and experience, with a
demonstrated track record in annual fund solicitations using a
variety of modalities (digital marketing, direct mail, etc.).
- Must possess excellent organizational, communication, customer
service, writing, marketing and data analysis skills, and have
sound knowledge of fund-raising principles, concepts, and
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office (Word and Excel) and data management
- Blackbaud Raisers Edge proficiency.
- Candidate must be able to manage multiple projects
simultaneously, be self-motivated and attentive to details, and
exhibit creative and entrepreneurial energy.
- Ability to work independently but collaboratively as part of a
goal-oriented team is essential.
An understanding and appreciation to work in diverse racial,
ethnic, and cultural setting with commitment to diversity in the
workplace as well as in one’s understanding of mission