Position is for a full-time Grant and Content Writer to work in
the Corporate Offices of EAH located in San Rafael, CA. Qualified
candidate will have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related
field such as: Business Administration, Marketing, Communications,
Information Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or
Public Policy. 5+ years’ experience in copy and/or grant writing.
Must have valid driver’s license and DMV clearance. Must have
access to reliable vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in
accordance with EAH minimum requirements. Salary commensurate to
EAH Housing has been developing, managing and promoting
affordable housing since 1968. We are one of the largest and most
respected nonprofit housing development and management
organizations in the western United States. With a staff of over
450, EAH develops multifamily communities, manages over 100
properties in California and Hawaii, and plays a leadership role in
local, regional and national housing advocacy efforts.
At EAH, we put our core values into action on a daily basis. We
recognize that training is a critical investment in the success of
our employees and in the continued excellence of EAH. Please visit
our website to learn more about our culture and read employee
comments to learn more about what it would be like to work at
For immediate consideration please apply to
requisition GRANT002558 on our website
Focuses on increasing grant funding by researching grant
opportunities from various sources that match the goals and
objectives of the organization. Gathers information from various
departments and coordinates/ writes grant proposals for government,
corporate and foundation funds. Develops and maintains effective,
long-term working relationships with grantors to facilitate
approval of grant. Follows up with grantors to monitor grant
status. Understands and supports the EAH Housing mission and core
- Writes grant proposals and reports.
- Cultivates a portfolio of foundation, corporate, and government
funders. Maintains a working knowledge of foundation and corporate
- Updates foundation relations reports.
- Monitors grant guidelines and deadlines and ensures timely
- Develops acknowledgement letters and thank you notes.
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying
opportunities and needs, studying requests for proposal (RFPs), and
attending strategy meetings.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes EAH Housing data as needed
- Researches local newspapers, other publications and the
internet and notes significant philanthropic activities.
- Performs prospective research to identify suitable grant
funding prospects. Reports on findings to expand grant
- Tracks grant activity, reports, solicitations, funding received
- Produces well-researched content for publication online and on
print (website, email marketing, property descriptions, videos,
blogs, etc.) to increase and maintain portfolio.
- Communicates and collaborates with the Communications team as
well as members of the Real Estate Management and Development teams
to ensure timely delivery of materials.
- Writes content for marketing initiatives, training, manuals,
special materials for Advisory Councils and Board meetings,
organizational brochures, strategic directions, impact reports,
- Creates and maintains standard descriptions or talking points
for staff and partners around EAH initiatives. Ensures content used
in community engagement activities, outreach, advocacy, and other
communications around EAH Housing initiatives is accurate and up to
- Actively participates with Director and VP of Communications to
create strategies, timelines, and outcomes for EAH Initiatives
- Updates and reviews current initiatives annually
- Coordinates Board, Advocate, Donor or staff communications and
presentations for EAH Housing Initiatives
- May participate in community and public policy groups or attend
conferences to keep informed of policies affecting affordable
- Provides support to other duties in the Communications
Department as needed.
- Attends mandatory meetings and trainings.
- Actively participates in EAH’s Injury and illness Prevention
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a related field such as:
Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Information
Design, Digital Media/Media Arts, Urban Planning, or Public Policy.
5+ years’ experience in copy and/or grant writing. Must have valid
driver’s license and DMV clearance. Must have access to reliable
vehicle and maintain own auto insurance in accordance with EAH
CRIMINAL BACKGROUND CHECK REQUIREMENTS
EAH Housing conducts criminal background checks on all
candidates who have received a conditional job offer. Once you have
receive such an offer, you will be required to submit and pass our
criminal background requirements. Please be advised that
certain roles may also require fingerprinting due to legal
requirements. If onsite housing is a requirement of the
position, any household members over 18 years of age who will be
living onsite with the candidate must also undergo a criminal
background check and tenant screening. Satisfactory
completion of background check and fingerprinting requirements is a
requirement of employment with EAH.
COVID-19 VACCINATION REQUIREMENT
EAH requires that all new hires be vaccinated at the time of
hire, i.e., vaccinated on their first day of work and provide proof
of their vaccination status. Accommodations will be made for
applicants with a valid medical reason or a sincerely held
religious belief that they cannot get vaccinated. Accommodations
can be requested after an offer has been extended.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical,
dental, vision, disability and life insurance, as well as a 403(b)
retirement plan with company match. We also offer a generous
vacation accrual, holiday schedule and work schedule
EAH Housing is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled Employer. CA
BRE #00853495 | HI RB-16985