Foundations and Grants Manager
- Global CCS Institute
- District of Columbia, United States
- $90,000.00 - $110,000.00
- Closing date
- Nov 26, 2021
- Position Type
- Fundraising, Corporate and Foundation Relations, Grant Seeking, Prospect Research, Programs, Grant Administration, Grant Making
- Environment, International
- Employment Type
- Full Time
Are you interested in combatting climate change and impacting the global energy transition? Do you want to help establish and grow a new Foundation looking to make a difference?
The Global CCS Institute is an international think-tank backed by governments, businesses and NGOs. Our mission is to accelerate the deployment of carbon capture and storage (CCS) globally. We are diversifying our sources of income to support our operations, supplementing our membership and consultancy revenue with grants from foundations. We are in the process of establishing a new Foundation and are seeking a Foundations and Grants Manager to join our team on an ongoing basis to help deliver this element of our business.
About the role
Based in Washington, DC (preferred), and working closely with colleagues around the world, the Foundations and Grants Manager will execute a strategy to secure grant funding to advance the Institute’s strategic priorities. As the Foundations and Grants Manager, reporting to the General Manager Client Engagement, you will manage the process from end to end. Responsibilities include:
- Researching and identifying suitable grant-making organizations globally;
- Building and nurturing relationships with key foundation decision-makers;
- Developing and presenting proposals to foundations for project-specific funding and/or general support grants;
- Securing funding and negotiating terms;
- Collaborating with colleagues to ensure deliverables meet grant requirements and expectations; and
- Managing grant contracts and reporting requirements.
As this role works closely with a range of internal and external stakeholders, it is essential you have the ability to build and maintain effective relationships. To be successful in this role, your skills and experience will include:
- Experience in foundation fundraising with a successful track record of securing foundation grants and developing an extensive foundation portfolio;
- Strong professional writing and communication skills; and
- A solid understanding of energy and climate change.
We have been working remotely effectively due to COVID-19 and expect the successful candidate to join us remotely. Only candidates with a current and ongoing right to work in the United States will be considered. Please reach out for a confidential conversation regarding remuneration.
At the Institute we understand that you are more than just your job, which is why we offer benefits to support you both personally and professionally. We are happy to provide you with more information on our U.S. benefits during the recruitment process, including group health insurance, our transit benefit program and pension contributions.
Please visit the Careers page of our website to view a detailed position description and learn more about why people join and stay at the Institute. To apply, please email your application to email@example.com.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert