The Center for Human Development (CHD) is a community-based
organization in Contra Costa County, California. Our team members
are passionate about offering a spectrum of services to empower
people and promote positive growth and wellness.
If you are a caring, community-minded person who thrives under
pressure, you are probably a great fit with our CHD team!
The Development Manager provides logistical and organizational
leadership to plan and carry out donor development and fundraising
In this leadership position, you will:
- Serve as the primary relationship with prospects, donors, and
- Play a pivotal role supporting the Board of Directors and
Executive Director to execute a “Fundraising Playbook.”
- Train and support agency staff to write value stories and case
statements for fund development.
- Meet with potential sponsors and partners to promote and
discuss support for signature fundraising events.
- Manage event budgets by negotiating with suppliers, maintaining
records, reviewing invoices, and preparing reports.
- Find and support opportunities for 3rd party fundraising
- Prepare and distribute personalized written materials,
including reports, presentations, newsletters, cover letters, thank
you notes, etc.
- Enthusiastic, creative, passionate, and positive
- Post-secondary education or related experience preferably in
the nonprofit sector and charitable giving.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years related work experience in running
fundraising campaigns, planning events, and donor solicitation and
- Ability to assess, evaluate and recommend fund development and
event opportunities at an organizational level.
- Attention to detail, strong work ethic, and ability to work
outside regular business hours.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and financial
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including
preparing correspondence, reviewing professional documents, and