The Vice President, Consulting Resources is a close partner with
all GG+A Consultants/Project Directors. This leader
guides and manages the team of consulting support professionals who
make up the Consulting Resources Team. This person
collaborates effectively across the GG+A consulting community, most
notably, working closely with all Practice Area Leaders. The
VP is responsible for resource management, optimizing capacity and
workflow while ensuring the consistent, best-in-class quality of
work and deliverables for all GG+A projects. The Vice
President, Consulting Resources, is a position which must be based
at the firm's headquarters in Chicago and will report jointly to
the firm’s President and CEO.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or
ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Demonstrate the mission, vision, values, and culture principles
- Active member of Senior Staff
- Partner with firm leadership to foster an environment of
openness, collaboration, service, and excellence.
- Demonstrate effective leadership by developing a
high-performance team and delivering best-in-class client service
and work product.
- Develop and steward relationships with Practice Area Leaders
(PALs), firm leadership, and other internal clients to maximize
deployment opportunities for the Consulting Resources team.
- Proactively share utilization insights and best practices with
firm leadership and PALs to enable consistent, optimized, and
quality workflow across the entire firm.
- Partner with Business Development to update and refine product
fee grids, based on time-on-task on actual projects.
- Establish and continually refine processes to ensure the
highest quality client work and develop and update process
documentation to ensure that the firm’s work is executed in ways
that are consistent.
- Develop management reporting across all projects, ensuring
timely deliverables, efficient analysis and evaluation of all
Workflow and Quality
- Ensure delivery of superior work product from the Consulting
Resources team; provide reports, memos, and client deliverables on
time with the highest quality.
- Partner with PALs to proactively identify engagement resource
needs; ensure understanding of the engagement by validating
- Report work quality and utilization metrics to firm leadership,
identifying challenges and suggesting solutions.
- Develop protocol for current or projected team assignments
based on capacity and alignment with strengths and professional
goals while meeting the needs of the firm.
- Create best-in-class workflow mapping to coordinate work,
ensure quality, monitor performance, and guarantee timely delivery
across all projects for the firm.
- Serve as a partner and resource to PALs related to resource
management and work quality.
- Maintain proficiency in all utilization and capacity tools and
relevant firm technology resources.
- When appropriate, serve as a billable resource on client
engagements to mentor new Consulting Resources team members and new
consultants, and provide procedural oversight on client
- Serve as a billable resource on client engagements when needed
to extend the capacity and skills of the team.
- Further develop GG+A’s explicit work processes for each client
product/service, document best practices and training.
- Create and maintain a high-performance, energized work
environment that reflects the firm’s values.
- Hire, develop, retain, and promote high-performance
professionals at each level of the Consulting Resources Team,
shaping and organization that can deliver unmatched quality and
timely service across every GG+A project.
- Assist with firm hiring to ensure staffing projections and
skill distribution mix are based on revenue targets and engagement
- Proactively share insights related to engagement resource
staffing trends, forecasts, and solutions.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the skills of each Consulting
Resources team member, as well as skills needed for each project
for efficient and effective deployment.
- Communicate with Consulting Resources team to set clear
expectations for current and projected engagements.
- Design and execute an effective performance management program
that identifies team members’ strengths and provides career
- Maintain knowledge of relevant and available training programs
for Consulting Resources team; assess training needs for each team
member and arrange for appropriate individual or group training to
support consultants, in alignment with firm goals. Ensure ongoing
conference learning, across the consulting resources teams.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree required; advanced degree strongly
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in nonprofit fundraising and/or
higher education leadership required
- Demonstrated utilization and capacity management skills,
knowledge of utilization technologies and workflow mapping methods
- Client-focused experience with an intense intellectual
curiosity about each individual organization and what makes it
- Demonstrated success managing high performance teams with a
- Demonstrated success managing and juggling competing
- Must be results oriented with high expectations for quality and
- Demonstrate agility to handle new and different tasks
- Experience using and reporting from Salesforce and Project