American Museum Of Natural History
Prospect Research Associate
Reporting to the Director of Prospect Research and Management, the
Associate will perform in-depth research on current and prospective
donors to help expand relationships and inform effective
engagement. The ideal candidate will be a collaborative, organized,
data-oriented professional with exceptional written communication
skills. Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited
- Perform focused research regarding prospective and existing
donors using subscription research databases, online resources,
internal files and databases, and other resources to capture
biographical information as well as information regarding financial
capacity and philanthropic propensity, including analyzing
compensation, stock and option ownership, retirement plans,
property transactions, alternative assets, and philanthropic
- Synthesize research into organized profiles for use by AMNH
leadership and Institutional Advancement colleagues.
- Perform and compile research on event and program attendees,
Trustee candidates, Advisory Council candidates, and other Museum
groups as indicated by the Director.
- Working with the Director and other colleagues, support
fundraisers' prospecting and engagement efforts utilizing data and
- Manage the Research team's subscriptions, conduct daily
periodical reviews, and track team workflow.
- Perform data entry, maintain accurate records in Raiser's Edge
database, and support the Director with other Research-related
projects, as needed.
- Staff Institutional Advancement events in the evening and on
some weekends, as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Excellent written skills (including editing and proofreading);
ability to understand and succinctly translate information and data
in a clear and cohesive manner.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to investigate an issue and
ask thoughtful questions.
- Meticulous attention to detail; superior organizational
- Self-disciplined, action-oriented style. Ability to prioritize
tasks to meet challenging deadlines. Strong work ethic. Flexible
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling and securing
confidential information is essential.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with relational and research databases
- Knowledge of basic familiarity with financial markets and
institutions a plus.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and
apply on line at the following link: careers.amnh.org
The American Museum of Natural History is one of the world's
preeminent scientific and cultural institutions. Since its founding
in 1869, the Museum has advanced its global mission to discover,
interpret and disseminate information about human cultures, the
natural world and the universe through a wide-ranging program of
scientific research, education and exhibition. The Museum is
renowned for its exhibitions and scientific collections, which
serve as a field guide to the entire planet and present a panorama
of the world's cultures.
The American Museum of Natural History is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. The Museum does not
discriminate with respect to employment, or admission or access to
Museum facilities, programs or activities on the basis of race,
creed, color, religion, age, disability, marital status,
partnership status, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy,
alienage or citizenship status, current or former participation in
the uniformed services, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic
origin, or on account of any other basis prohibited by applicable
City, State, or Federal law.
If special accommodations are needed in applying for a position,
please call the Office of Human Resources.