Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Engagement
Trinity Washington University seeks a dynamic, creative, and
organized individual to serve as the Assistant Director of
Alumnae/i Engagement. The Assistant Director of Alumnae/i
Engagement will report to the Vice President and Chief Development
Officer and work closely with the Director of Annual and Reunion
Giving, the Associate Director of Alumnae/i Engagement, and other
members of the development and communications team to engage with
alumnae/i of all ages and to further their engagement and
philanthropic giving. This is a full-time, twelve-month position
that includes occasional weekend and evening work. As a diverse,
inclusive university devoted to preparing our students to live and
work in an increasingly globalized and multicultural society,
Trinity is particularly interested in professionals with
demonstrated interest and experience in working with diverse
cultural populations including black, Hispanic multi-cultural, and
non-traditional college and graduate students. Trinity
graduates who are qualified are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Assistant Director of Alumnae/i Engagement plays a key role
in creating and implementing a comprehensive engagement and
philanthropy program for all alums. The main areas of focus for
this position include creating dynamic programs to connect alums
both to each other and with the Trinity of today, developing
exciting and effective communications messaging, and working as a
team to grow alumnae/i engagement and giving. This position
presents an exciting opportunity to take a dynamic alumnae/i
engagement program to the next level in preparation for Trinity’s
125 Anniversary beginning in 2022 and continuing through 2025.
Event Development and Planning – Event
planning for alumnae/i engagement and university-wide events,
virtual and in-person event logistics, volunteer and speaker
management, vendor management, and RSVP management.
- Conceptualizing new programs and events with a focus on
affinity and career-based programming.
- Engaging in continual review of programs and strategies to
ensure optimal efficiency, effectiveness, and quality.
Communications – Using various platforms
and methods (including direct contact, social media, alumni
website, e-newsletters, solicitations, and print materials) to
engage consistently and thoughtfully with alumnae/i, celebrate
their achievements, and highlight opportunities for alumnae/i
involvement with Trinity and each other.
- Supporting Social Media Strategy Development and Implementation
including content development and creation of strategic multi-media
campaigns to engage diverse audiences. Supporting Direct Mail and
Email Communications working with development and alumnae/i
engagement team to plan and execute correspondence and messaging
with alums via email, direct mail, newsletters, and other
- Developing and refreshing content for all Alumnae/i webpages
utilizing a basic web design application (WordPress).
Other Alumnae/I Engagement and
- Expanding programming to welcome new graduates into the Trinity
alumnae/i family. Attend and participate in commencement activities
in the winter and spring.
- Coordinating Class Notes and In Memoriam Programs.
- Coordinating Senior Class Engagement Program.
- Collaborating with Development Team and working together to
educate alumni, especially young alumni, about philanthropic giving
and the importance of participation.
- Collaborating with Data Management Team to gather information
about alums to ensure accurate and complete database records and to
capture contact, biographical, and career information of alums and
to recommend alums for profiling in school communications
At least 3-5 years of experience in alumni relations with
demonstrated success in building relationships and strengthening
overall alumni engagement. Fundraising experience is a plus.
Trinity graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s degree is strongly preferred.
Excellent interpersonal skills:
- Possessing a dynamic personality able to identify and engage
with diverse populations of graduates, especially younger
- Strong writing skills with an unflagging commitment to
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills:
- Ability to pivot between projects, organize and complete
multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and
prioritization to meet deadlines.
- The ability to work independently and to complete projects with
multiple university departments and communication styles.
- Creative thinker with the ability to think outside of the box
in developing new programs or recommending possible changes to
current programs and events.
- A high level of integrity and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work some weekends and evenings is required.
- Committed to nurturing an inclusive and equitable
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge (preferred) or a similar
- Experience with WordPress a plus.
- Trinity Washington University alumnae/I are encouraged to
Interested candidates should submit their cover letter and
resume to the “Apply Here Now” link below. The position will
remain open until filled.
APPLY HERE NOW
Trinity Washington University is committed to providing
equal employment opportunity in the workplace without regard to
race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, and all other
categories governed by the laws of the United States and the
District of Columbia. Trinity does not engage in discrimination on
the basis of any personal characteristics defined by law as