Location: Greater Philadelphia Area,
Department: Public Engagement
Reports to: Director, Public Engagement
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits package
based on qualifications and experience
Deadline: Applications will be reviewed on a
Organization and Position
The mission of the John Templeton Foundation is to serve as a
philanthropic catalyst for discoveries relating to life’s biggest
questions. As a grantmaking organization, we fund research and
outreach across a broad range of disciplines. We encourage civil,
informed dialogue among scientists, philosophers, and theologians,
as well as between such experts and the public at large. Led by a
unique vision and extraordinary people, we seek to advance human
wellbeing by funding the best ideas and capitalizing on what we
To advance our mission and strengthen our extraordinary team,
the Foundation is seeking a Program Associate who will assist in
the full life cycle of grantmaking and grant monitoring process and
provide administrative support for the Public Engagement
The successful candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree.
Knowledge of the grantmaking process is desirable but not
required. Our new Program Associate will have excellent
organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office, primarily Word, Excel,
and PowerPoint is required. A strong personal interest in the
Foundation’s mission is essential.
- Assist with the proposal intake and review process, from
initial submission through grant award, which includes soliciting
external reviews, analyzing the project budget, and preparing
documents for review by the Foundation President and/or Board of
- Collaborate with department staff and Program Operations staff
to maintain Charter compliance in all grants and grantmaking
- Assist department staff in preparing recommendations, reports,
and other documents for the Foundation President and/or the Board
- Track grantee documents, review financial and
expenditure-responsibility reports, and manage change/amendment
processes for active grants.
- Conduct initial review of final grantee-submitted reports.
- Support the Department Head and the Program & Grant
Operations department in closing active grants.
- Track grantee events and provide content for the Communications
- Respond to inquiries from Applicants and Project Leaders.
- Assist with the creation and tracking of the departmental
- Assist with special research and/or administration projects
that facilitate interdepartmental cooperation and support the
overall mission of the Foundation.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Knowledge of the grant making process desirable but not
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving
- Professional experience in an administrative office setting
- Strong skills in written and oral communication.
- Ability to work and communicate with professionals in various
- Ability to take initiative for new projects and work
- Ability to attend to details while also managing multiple tasks
- Demonstrated competence in Microsoft Office, primarily Word,
Excel, and PowerPoint. Experience with Salesforce or comparable
database systems is preferred.
- Strong personal interest in the Foundation’s mission.
We are committed to caring for our employees and their families
through exceptional benefits. We pay for 100% of employee
medical, dental and vision premiums, and generously contribute to
family premiums. We provide life insurance, short-term
disability coverage and long-term disability coverage at no cost to
employees. We offer a 401(k) retirement savings plan with an
employer match and additional discretionary contributions.
Paid time off includes generous vacation, sick and personal
days. The Foundation offers a unique donation program,
enabling employees the ability to direct a $5,000 donation to a
mission aligned organization of their choice, with no employee
The position will be based in the Foundation’s offices, located
in West Conshohocken. Due to the coronavirus pandemic, team members
may work in-office or remotely through 2021. The Foundation
does plan to resume in-office operations in January 2022.
West Conshohocken, PA is a short drive (approximately 15 miles
outside of Philadelphia and there is a nearby commuter train
station with service into downtown Philadelphia. The offices
are close to residential and commercial districts with multiple