National LGBTQ Task Force
The National LGBTQ Task Force builds power, takes action and
creates change to achieve freedom and justice for lesbian, gay,
bisexual, transgender, queer people, and their families. As a
progressive racial, economic, and social justice organization, the
Task Force works toward a society that values and respects the
diversity of human expression and identity and achieves equity for
all. The Task Force has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, and
Miami. More information at http://www.thetaskforce.org
Marketing and Fundraising Manager
The primary focus of this position is to manage the fundraising
and marketing activities for the organization’s two largest
fundraising events, Winter Party Festival and the National LGBTQ
Task Force Gala. This will include collaborating with other
Development team members and Event Committees to create and
implement fundraising strategies and coordinating efforts by staff
and volunteers to raise money. The position will also play a major
role in planning and executing marketing activities for both
The Marketing and Fundraising Manager is a full-time position
and will be housed in the Task Force’s Miami office and report to
the Events Director.
Home Office: Miami, FL Department: Development Report to: Events
Director Travel: 25% Position Primary Responsibilities
- Collaborate with Event Committees and Institutional and
Corporate Giving Manager in strategizing, cultivating and
solicitating corporate partners for the Miami events.
- Lead volunteer fundraising committees dedicated to raising
corporate and individual dollars as well as securing in-kind
donations for the National LGBTQ Task Force Gala and Winter Party
Festival. This includes recruiting and building relationships with
team members, developing a strategy, producing collateral
materials, identifying potential sponsors, tracking sponsorship
efforts and managing fulfillment.
- Develop materials to support the marketing and fundraising
efforts of event volunteer committees.
- Lead effort to build relationships with Miami venues and
corporate sponsors to secure complimentary or deeply reduced rates
for events and meetings.
- Act as staff lead for both Miami event websites.
- Collaborate with staff and volunteer marketing leads to develop
marketing and promotional campaigns for both events, to include
creation, review and approval of content for eblasts, social media,
and digital ads.
- Lead process of creating the Task Force Gala Journal and the
Winter Party Festival Guide, including working with volunteer
editors to plan, create and manage content; trafficking ads; and
coordinating printing and distribution.
- Work closely with CMB Department to acquire and manage media
sponsors to support the two Miami events. Ensure that in-kind and
paid ads are designed, approved, and running properly in the leadup
to each event.
- Assist volunteer Marketing Director in manag the Miami events
promotional partners and influencer programs.
- Source, secure, and manage graphic design contracts and
deliverables related to the two Miami events.
Finance & Administrative Responsibilities
- Monitor and track all revenue that arrives in Miami and assist
the Events Director with financial reports, reconciliation, board
memos, budget and expense tracking, and other finance tracking and
reporting as needed.
- Manage the ticketing systems for both events, including
liaising with the vendors and the Task Force Operations
- Work closely with the Director of Operations and the
Development Associate to ensure that all Miami revenue is properly
coded and tracked in Raiser’s Edge.
- Handle special assignments as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A minimum of four years of experience in event fundraising and
- Ability to manage projects and lead teams, including
strategizing and setting and meeting benchmarks.
- Ability to work with many different personality types.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, along with a
superior attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a proven ability to take initiative.
- Excellent skills in MicroSoft Office software, particularly
Word and Excel
- College degree or equivalent experience.
- Proficiency in WordPress, HTML, CSS, Adobe Creative Suite,
social media platforms, graphic design, professional prepress, and
printing, publishing Blackbaud is a plus.
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and/or Luminate preferred
- Must possess valid Driver’s License
- Strong ties to the local LGBTQ community a plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume addressing your
experience relevant to these responsibilities and qualifications
and describing your interest in being a member of the Task Force
staff. If possible, a writing sample and salary requirements if
applicable. please submit the names, affiliations and contact
information for three references. Applications submitted via e-mail
for this position should be directed to hr@theTaskForce.org; please
write "Marketing and Fundraising Manager” in the subject line. No
phone calls, please.
The Task Force is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age,
marital status, disability, personal appearance, family
responsibility, political affiliation or any other status protected
by applicable law. Women, transgender people, veterans and people
of color are encouraged to apply