The Media Strategist & Writer is a one-year, FT position
responsible for helping communicate the brand messaging of the
Annenberg Foundation (AF) and its related entities through internal
and external communications vehicles, and for proactively
developing and placing stories in print, broadcast, and digital
media. This position calls for strong writing skills/experience
with a variety of audiences, and someone who has a media background
and a “nose for news”. This position reports to the Director of
Marketing and Communications.
To apply for this position please follow the link:
- Works with the Director of Marketing and Communications to tell
the ongoing story of both AF and Wallis Annenberg Legacy Foundation
- Writes and edits articles, blogs, newsletters, bulletins,
talking points, press releases, marketing materials for internal
and external Foundation audiences.
- Develops original, compelling content that targets thought
leaders and Annenberg audiences.
- Identifies potential story/earned media opportunities for both
AF and WALF and leverages media relationships.
- Ensures that all materials present a clear, unified, and
positive image for the organization and/or brand.
- May need to work late nights or weekends during key times to
meet essential business needs.
- Other duties as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND
- Outstanding writing and copyediting skills with the ability to
write effectively for different audiences and delivery
- Experience working with journalists and developing, placing
media stories. Familiarity with the philanthropic, social impact,
aging, and tech fields desired (but not required).
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail and
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in a fast-paced
- Passionate about keeping up-to-date on news, driven by
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work both in a
team and independently.
- General familiarity with social platforms (content best
practices, posting, and analytics) and Wordpress / Elementor
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, PR, and other related
- Knowledge of basic web language.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, or related
At least 7 years of experience in journalism and/or