The Music Center is one of the largest and most highly regarded
performing arts centers in the country. As L.A.’s premier
performing arts destination, The Music Center convenes artists,
communities and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural lives
of every resident in Los Angeles County. The non-profit performing
arts organization has two divisions: The Music Center Arts (TMC
Arts) and The Music Center Operations (TMC Ops). TMC Arts, The
Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round programming
inside The Music Center’s four theatres, on Jerry Moss Plaza,
outside at Grand Park—a 12-acre adjacent green space—and in schools
and other locations all over Los Angeles County. TMC Arts presents
world-class dance with Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The
Music Center, free and low-cost public concerts and events, as
well as K–12 arts education programs. TMC Ops manages the theatres,
the Plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles.
The Music Center is also home to four renowned resident
companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale, LA
Opera and LA Phil.
The Music Center’s Advancement Department is currently seeking
an Assistant Director, Corporate Sponsorships.
The Assistant Director, Corporate Sponsorships, is an exciting
opportunity to build corporate revenue for The Music Center.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Institutional Giving, the
Assistant Director will have significant revenue-generation,
relationship building, stewardship, strategy, and implementation
responsibilities, including prospect identification, solicitation,
agreement execution and relationship growth.
Experienced in nonprofit development, in particular corporate
sponsorships, the ideal candidate is passionate about arts,
culture, and civic engagement, and highly motivated by The Music
The Assistant Director, Corporate Sponsorships is part of a
20-person Advancement department and regularly collaborates with
the Marketing & Communications and TMC Arts programming
PRINCIPAL DUTIES &
Corporate Revenue Generation
- Partner with the Senior Director on the launch of a dynamic new
Corporate Membership Circle.
- Create and implement short- and long-term strategies in
collaboration with the Senior Director to activate new
opportunities for corporate support.
- Initiate innovative ideas to generate new revenue, add value to
partnerships, and meet the philanthropic and business goals of The
Music Center’s sponsors.
- Build and manage a portfolio of 50 corporate donors and
prospects at the $25,000 level and above; Year 1 Annual Goal:
- Serve as primary manager of the Corporate Membership Circle,
developing collegial relationships with members.
- Facilitate contracts on new sponsorship terms.
- Provide concierge level response to members’ inquiries.
- Ensure prompt gift acknowledgement and benefits fulfillment
with support from Advancement Coordinator; monitor implementation
of donor recognition.
- Work closely with Senior Director to execute corporate
strategy; create and plan the Corporate Membership Circle’s
benefits including events;
- Coordinate with Music Center colleagues to ensure sponsorship
terms align with TMC’s mission and comply with Music Center
processes; ensure that the CMC benefits are effectively
- Support the Senior Director in her liaison roles to TMC Arts,
Grand Park, and Marketing & Communications.
- Prepare compelling corporate sponsorship proposals,
stewardship/fulfillment reports, and a variety of donor, partner
and prospect communications including newsletters, performance
programs, printed brochures and website.
- Maintains Tessitura records and provides accurate and timely
reports as requested.
- Keep current with best practices and trends in Corporate
Other Duties as Assigned
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years of experience in a partnership
management or strategic partnership’s role; a mix of corporate and
non-profit experience preferred; Membership, marketing, or
sponsorship experience would be a plus.
- Proven ability to generate revenue growth; ability to identify
and pursue new opportunities.
- Understanding of and experience with shared value
- Excellent problem-solving skills; ability to effectively
collect, analyze, organize, distill and present information.
- Self-motivated; ability to lead projects independently from
conception to completion.
- Highly developed interpersonal and collaboration skills;
ability to work independently, but also enjoy working with a
- Enjoys and has the ability to be highly expressive and clear in
written materials; has an eye for graphic design.
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple, complex tasks
- Passion for The Music Center’s mission, a sense of humor, and
an ability to connect with colleagues and partners to support a
positive team environment.
- Must demonstrate The Music Center’s Core Values: Creativity
& Innovation, Community, Collaboration, A Moral Center.
- Interest in the performing arts, civic engagement, and
- Proficient/familiarity with CRM (Customer Relationship
Management) database; proficient in PowerPoint, Excel, Microsoft
PLEASE NOTE: Currently, this
position is working four days per week remotely and one day per
week in the office except in the case of performances and events,
which require on-site support. This scenario may change and is also
subject to the responsibilities of the position.
The Music Center requires its employees to be vaccinated against
COVID-19, subject to certain exemptions as required by law.
New hires working at The Music Center must be fully vaccinated no
later than 60 days after hire and until they are fully vaccinated
will be required to submit weekly proof of negative laboratory
COVID-19 test and submit to additional masking and social
distancing requirements. Please contact The Music Center’s Human
Resources Department for a copy of the vaccination policy.
Commensurate with experience. This is a full-time exempt
position; compensation package includes health and welfare
benefits, paid vacation and sick days, 401(k) plan with employer
HOW TO APPLY
To be fully considered for the position, please submit a cover
letter, resume, and salary expectation to Jobs@MusicCenter.org
or fax (213) 972-0721. INCOMPLETE SUBMISSIONS WILL
NOT BE CONSIDERED.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER