EdTA values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages people
of color, LBGTQ individuals, people with disabilities, members of
ethnic minorities, foreign born residents, and veterans to apply.
For more information, visit: https://www.schooltheatre.org/about/mission/diversity
The Educational Theatre Association (EDTA) is seeking a dynamic
executive level leader to oversee and manage fundraising activities
for the Association and for the Educational Theatre Foundation
Leads and executes donor cultivation and stewardship strategies,
fundraising events, campaigns, sponsor programs, and grant
- Significantly grow fundraising revenues to expand the
- Identifies, designs, and implements fundraising strategies for
individual donors, major gifts, grants, and planned giving in the
corporate, foundation, and public sectors.
- Supervises staff, directs resources to meet the aims and ends
of the ETF.
- Sets and manages the foundation’s annual budget, including
fundraising and expense targets.
- Leads front-line fundraising, solicitation, and stewardship in
partnership with EdTA executive director and ETF board.
- Plans and executes fundraising events and galas, which includes
attracting sponsors and high-level donors, interfacing with
celebrities and agents, working with venues, and collaborating with
high level volunteers.
- Leads meetings and collaborates with the ETF Board which
consists of leaders in the theatre and entertainment industry,
corporate leaders, financial services, lawyers, and luminaries and
- As a DEI leader, oversees grant making programs, such as
JumpStart Theatre, Thespian Relief Grant and Pathway.
- Directs donor stewardship activities, including impact
- Furthers FRD-focused culture by training board, committee
members and staff in fundraising approaches.
- Partners with Content & Marketing to develop communication
- Coordinates with Finance staff regarding accounting procedures
for donations and grant management.
Education and Experience Required:
- Education and/or experience in Development, including all
aspects of fundraising for non-profit, arts or educational
- Theatre, arts, or education interest or background is a
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven track record in planning and determining strategies to
grow fundraising revenue: Set goals, create and execute action
plans, and evaluate the process and results.
- Demonstrable skill and experience in designing or interpreting
a strategic vision into ececutional plans
- Thoughtful relationship builder who can match donors' interests
and ETF's causes
- Fastidious budget manager with strong business acumen
- Skilled people manager who develops staff to meet accuracy,
quality and deadline requirements and challenges, as well as
achieve development goals
- Advanced understanding of best practices, current and evolving
trends in non-profit development
- Outstanding communicator, both oral and written, with
excellent interpersonal skills, meticulous attention to detail
and timely follow-up
- Adaptability, organization, and time management - ability to
operate in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Proficient user of leading-edge technology including donor
management software and project management tools
- Ability to travel frequently, as necessary
Job location: Fully remote, location
flexible, preferably based in Cincinnati, New York or Los
Please include Subject Line:
Chief Development Officer 2021-48 when applying.