The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to
empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in
1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a
million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs
and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of
the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build
The YMCA of Greater New York is at a critical stage for
transformative action. As our organization, city, and country work
to recover from the effects of the pandemic, there are many
opportunities to serve New Yorkers in new and innovative ways.
Leveraging our leadership position as NYC’s top social services
provider for the past 170 years, with expertise in youth
development, preventative health and social responsibility, the
YMCA of Greater New York is launching a new Center for Access,
Innovation and Advocacy to respond to the urgent need for new and
expanded social service interventions.
The Center for Access, Innovation and Advocacy will take a
forward-looking approach focused on addressing three target social
challenges: increasing economic mobility; combating chronic
diseases to enhance personal health and wellness; and building
social capital and civic engagement. Investing in business
innovation and partnerships will be key to the Center’s success. As
part of this investment, the new Director, Business Innovation and
Partnerships, will develop creative solutions and interventions
that address pressing, multi-dimensional community challenges, in
addition to generating new revenue. As the Y seeks to test new
ideas and create meaningful public and private partnerships to
bolster our work, this candidate will be charged with exploring
novel approaches to leverage the Y’s longstanding expertise in
childcare and youth services, community health, and civic
As a member of our mission-driven institution’s team, the
Director, Business Innovation and Partnerships will contribute to
the continued transformation of the YMCA of Greater New York,
ensuring services meet evolving community needs while helping to
solidify the Y’s long-term viability. Through the successful
execution of innovative business development strategies, this
candidate will be responsible for deepening community impact and
increasing revenue streams.
- Proven track record of building partnerships in support of
- Entrepreneurial mindset and creative and flexible approach to
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and
in collaboration with others.
- Ability to synthesize learnings into actionable items.
- Outstanding organizational, time management, and interpersonal
- Superb written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience navigating a complex and multi-faceted organization
and building relationships with peers.
- Sense of humor.
- Lead identification of services gaps and opportunities across
- Develop strategy for business/service innovation with a focus
on expanding targeted community services and increasing
- Collaborate to execute new strategic initiatives and scale
and/or reimagine existing in-person and digital Y programs to
- Identify, negotiate, and execute partnerships and strategic
alliances that support the mission of the Y and increase avenues of
support, in collaboration with Senior Management.
- Develop, track, and report on center/program metrics as well as
business and service impact on a regular basis in collaboration
with Research, Evaluation & Strategy Department.
- Utilize metrics to report to and advise Senior Management on
long-term viability of new initiatives.
- Stay well-informed of emerging trends in community service
locally, regionally, and nationally to help guide the Y’s
- Develop and manage annual budget.
- Other activities and duties as needed that address the ongoing
health and well-being of our staff and members.
- Follow and maintain sanitary habits in accordance with CDC
Desired Skills & Experience:
- 5-10 years of relevant experience developing business
relationships, initiating programmatic innovations, managing
partnerships, and driving significant revenue growth.
- Strong management skills and ability to conceptualize and
execute innovative ideas and partnerships.
- Proven capability and success in proactively pursuing
high-level collaborations across the corporate, non-profit, and
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills, including
strong writing skills.
- Commitment to Y’s mission of empowering youth, improving
health, and strengthening community.
- Ability to represent the organization publicly to a wide range
- Creative, flexible and demonstrates a high-level of comfort
collaborating with internal and external teams.
- Highly proficient with Internet and Windows-based technology
(e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a
culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a
leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our
Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range
of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our
expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their
branch fundraising efforts in some capacity.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please
complete our online application and submit your résumé and a
thoughtful cover letter that explains your interest in the role and
If you are a current YMCA employee, please submit your
application through the Internal Career Site in Cornerstone.
** New Requirement**
All potential YMCA of Greater New York employees are required to
show proof of COVID-19 vaccination. Please use the “Additional
Attachment” section on the online application to upload your proof
of COVID-19 vaccination.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to
individuals with disabilities
YMCA OF GREATER NEW YORK | Where there's a Y,
there’s a way.