Candid seeks a strategic senior product manager who possesses an
outstanding track record of creating value driven subscription
products for mobile and web. The ideal candidate will quickly
and continually identify opportunities that drive customer
engagement and satisfaction. If you are an exceptional
product manager looking for a way to impact the social sector, this
is the role for you.
POSITION: Senior Product Manager
REPORTING TO: Senior Director of Products
LOCATION: New York area preferred, remote considered
Unique product management opportunity to drive social change
working for an exceptional, technology and user centric
nonprofit. Candid’s products offer exceptional, best-in-class
data about the social sector and are used by companies and
nonprofits to facilitate their work as change agents. The Senior
Product Manager of Foundation & Commercial Products will lead
strategic direction and product roadmap for their assigned product
portfolio prioritizing features that drive customer acquisition and
retention. He/She/They will drive innovation that enhances overall
customer experience to exceed expectations.
- Quickly establish yourself as the Subject Matter Expert for
GuideStar Pro, Charity Check and Foundation Maps.
- Strong emphasis on the migration of the product portfolio to a
mobile first user experience.
- Establish and maintain product road maps for all assigned
products that maximize benefits for the user thereby achieve
ambitious customer acquisition, engagement, and retention
- Ability to identify and capitalize on new and existing
addressable markets and trends to increase market share.
- Continually ship product enhancements and/or new features that
drive to improve users’ product satisfaction and drive customer
acquisition and retention.
- Manage product backlog of functional requirements, balancing
value and level of effort to achieve key product and revenue
- Ongoing strategic planning and innovation based on current
market research, emerging trends, competitive pricing and SWOT
- Know when to sunset features that have outlived their
- Ability to support existing customers while simultaneously
building the products to delight future users and evolving market
- Advocate for the voice of the customer and lead
cross-functional technical and business intelligence teams to
achieve optimal customer satisfaction.
- Provide cross-functional teams with the necessary context
included in user stories so that they can deliver outstanding
- Monitor and report on key metrics including, but not limited to
revenue, acquisitions, churn, engagement, daily and monthly active
users and active subscribers to inform product roadmap
- Establish and maintain processes for testing, design, rollout
and maintenance of products.
- Collaborate with design, UX, sales, marketing and customer
success to ensure outstanding product design, outreach, and
- Articulate key value propositions of assigned product portfolio
to inform product marketing and support teams.
- Maintain release notes for internal stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years Product Management experience
- B2B subscription product management experience heavily
- Your accomplishments include an outstanding product portfolio
that demonstrates successful innovation and iteration.
- Ability to translate feedback into clear, market-facing,
- Independent, high level of initiative and ownership, ability to
coordinate efforts across diverse functional groups.
- Diligent listener and communicator; ability to adapt approach
among diverse audiences.
- Extremely flexible and prefers a dynamic, constantly changing
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Sensitive and respect for racial, gender, sexual orientation,
and cultural differences.
- Champions and represents Candid’s core values: We’re driven,
direct, accessible, curious, and inclusive.
- Willingness to perform other duties and special projects as
- Proven track record optimizing desktop applications for mobile
- Mobile app/UX experience to facilitate seamless
interoperability between desktop and mobile experience.
- Data driven decision maker.
See the world. Make it better.
Every year, millions of nonprofits spend trillions of dollars
around the world. Candid finds out where that money comes from,
where it goes, and why it matters. Through research, collaboration,
and training, we connect people who want to change the world to the
resources they need to do it. Our data tools on nonprofits,
foundations, and grants are the most comprehensive in the
Candid's vision is an ambitious one. But we know that when we
make investments in our talent, it translates to more access and
better knowledge for those working for social good around the
On February 1, 2019, Foundation Center and GuideStar joined
forces to become Candid, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your resume and cover letter to:
Please put the title of the position you are applying for in the
subject line. Your application will only be considered if all
instructions above are met.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Due to the
high volume of applicants we typically receive, we regret that we
can only contact candidates that we would like to interview.
Candid is an EO/AA/VET/DISABLED Employer.
We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion and
especially encourage members of underrepresented communities to
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be
required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United
States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification document form upon hire.