Job Overview: The Institutional Giving Manager
will be a key member of the development team, involved in all
aspects of institutional giving and responsible for managing
institutional donor relationships with foundations, corporations,
and government agencies. The Institutional Giving Manager is also
the organization’s primary grant writer and manages all
institutional donor correspondence. The Manager is expected to
interact professionally and knowledgeably with representatives from
key donors, while upholding City Center's mission as well as our
commitment to be an anti-racist organization.
- Manage a portfolio of over 50 current institutional donors,
including building and maintaining relationships.
- Act as primary grant writer for the Institutional Giving team,
crafting proposals, reports, and program description
- In conjunction with the CFO, create all proposal and report
budgets to ensure fidelity on financial reporting.
- Be proactive in suggesting ways to grow and improve
institutional funding, such as devising creative appeal, renewal,
and upgrade strategies.
- Work with the Director of Development to organize and prepare
for regular prospect meetings.
- Actively identify and research new foundation and government
funding opportunities to increase annual renewable
- Support the Director of Development and VP of Development as a
front-line point of contact for institutional donors.
- Act as liaison for Programming and Education departments,
promoting collaboration and open communication to ensure optimal
execution of donor-funded programs, and to strategize new funding
opportunities for new/existing programs.
- Work with the Institutional Giving Assistant to coordinate the
tracking of funder and prospect activity in Tessitura.
- Attend and support development department activities, including
special events and occasional evening and weekend
- Responsible for accurate, efficient record-keeping, including
maintenance of donor files, both paper and electronic.
- Enhance competence through study and participation in
conferences and workshops.
This Role Requires:
- 2+ years of related experience in grant writing and
institutional giving fundraising.
- Exceptional grant writing and editing skills.
- Scheduling flexibility to attend performances and events on
nights, weekends, and holidays.
To be successful in this role, you will be expected to
- Knowledge of the performing arts philanthropic community.
- Knowledge of budget forecasting best practices.
- Knowledge of Tessitura or similar software.
- Excellent strategic thinking and problem-solving skills.
- An ability to interact and collaborate with various personality
- An ability to uphold department and organization standards
while fulfilling requests in a timely manner.
- An ability to handle multiple writing projects in a fast-paced
and changing environment.
- An ability to perform tasks associated with primarily sitting
most of the workday.
As a valued member of the City Center administrative
team, you will receive:
- Exempt salary of $60,000+
- Comprehensive insurance coverage (medical, dental, life,
- Generous paid time off
- Pre-tax flexible & dependent care savings
- Pre-tax transit savings
- Pension Plan with (CIG) Cultural Institutions Group (fully
vested after 5 years)
- 401K retirement savings account
- Access to various dress rehearsals, performances, educational
events, and professional development opportunities
- Email your resume and cover letter to Jobs@NYCityCenter.org
- Please include Institutional Giving
Managerin the subject line.
- In the cover letter, please include what attracts you to this
position at City Center and how your previous experience and
interest will help you to be successful in this