The Alliance is currently in the process of restarting its
operations and programming after a temporary shutdown in June. The
Director of Development position will work closely with the new
Executive Director and play a lead role in diversifying fundraising
efforts to strengthen and advance the Alliance’s mission.
The Director works collaboratively with staff across the
organization, the Board of Directors, and external partners with a
lens grounded in diversity, equity, inclusion, and
anti-racism. The position reports to the Executive Director
and offers the opportunity to provide leadership in the development
and execution of organizational policy and the strategic planning
efforts of the Alliance.
Specific responsibilities inherent to the position
- Serve as a strategic leader for all fundraising efforts to
ensure coordinated fundraising outcomes;
- Develop and execute a plan to diversify funding sources (e.g.,
individual donors, foundation and corporate support, government
support, and special events);
- Develop funding proposals, write grants, and submit timely
reports to funders in collaboration with the Executive Director and
- Develop and manage a portfolio of current and prospective
donors capable of making major gifts;
- Develop and implement corporate fundraising initiatives and
opportunities through targeted efforts and partnerships;
- Work with Executive Director and Board-led Fundraising
Committee on setting financial and donor goals;
- Oversee Alliance special events in collaboration with Board and
- Collaborate with our communications consultant on the execution
of a communications and messaging plan.
- 7+ years of development experience in the non-profit
- Proven track record of achieving revenue through diverse
funding sources, including government, corporate, and private
- Experience with growing an individual donor portfolio;
- Strong verbal communications skills and demonstrated ability to
write clearly and persuasively;
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically;
- Strong partnership-building and event planning skills;
- Experience with working with a board of directors and leading
- Good computer skills and knowledge of data base programs;
- Dedication to using a social justice, anti-oppression,
anti-racist framework to carry out work.
As the Alliance restarts operations, the organization is
operating in a full-remote capacity. Once programming has fully
restarted, we anticipate offering a mixture of in-person and
virtual training opportunities for the communities and
organizations we serve. As a result, staff will have access to
flexible, hybrid work schedules, though occasional in-person
meetings and training sessions will be necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity: The New
York City Alliance Against Sexual Assault is an equal opportunity
employer. We are committed to cultural diversity, diversity
of gender expression, and open to candidates of all ages and
physical ability. We strongly encourage individuals from
diverse backgrounds and with lived experience to apply.
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover
letter to Emily Miles at Emiles@svfreenyc.org.
Applications will be reviewed immediately and accepted until the
position is filled.