How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for
a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for
cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously.
Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the
national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center,
you work each day on making our mission a reality:
Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease
and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and
their families. Join us and give new meaning to the
As part of a mission centric, locally delivered and nationally
powered organization this role is accountable for building
relationships with fundraising volunteers while implementing
innovative peer to peer fundraising products to exceed revenue
goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) mission,
within a designated market area. Relentlessly pursuing cancer
As a valued member of LLS, you are eligible for a comprehensive
benefits package. Our offerings include medical, dental, and vision
insurance; life insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 403b
retirement plan along with generous paid time off. In addition, we
observe federal paid holidays throughout the year, and offer a
wellness program and an employee assistance program.
Additional Position Information Key Relationships:Reports to:
Campaign Development DirectorSupervises: May supervise Campaign
Development SpecialistLeads: May manage volunteers, committees
- Partner with Education, Services and Health Research department
to effectively communicate the LLS overall mission, programs,
resources and priorities.
- Responsible for organizing mission centered, local donor
cultivation events and prospecting high-impact donors for national
stewardship activities Fundraising & Relationship Building
- Drive high-impact peer to peer fundraising to achieve overall
- Provide input into the development of a strategic plan for the
peer to peer fundraising products, including revenue, budget, goals
- Execute innovative strategic plan developed annually and
revised periodically to ensure team exceeds all revenue goals.
- Collaborate with local relationship team and national shared
service partners throughout LLS.
- Responsible for the recruitment and cultivation of high-level
- Responsible for recruiting fundraising volunteers who
participate in peer to peer fundraising products resulting in
revenue growth and achievement of goals.
- Identify and network with constituents and key donors to engage
their support of LLS fundraising products.
- Develop recruitment plans and actively secure new partners
through independent research, prospecting and volunteer
Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree Preferred
- 3-5 years of experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media &
emerging online channels
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs
in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15
pounds for various events.
- Travel within designated area.
- Required to work some evenings or weekends.
Disclaimer The statements herein are intended to describe the
general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and
are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities,
duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not
establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at
the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Candidates must be legally authorized to work
in the US and LLS does not provide immigration sponsorship.LLS
provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants, and
it complies with all applicable laws which prohibit discrimination
and harassment in the workplace. Discrimination or harassment based
on sex, gender, gender identity and expression (including
transgender status), pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, race,
color, creed, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, religion,
genetic predisposition or information, physical or veteran status,
or any other characteristic protected by law is prohibited.