Area Executive Director – PA & DE
As the largest healthcare-related charity in the United States,
ALSAC’s sole mission is to raise the funds and awareness needed to
operate and maintain St. Jude Children's Research Hospital®.
Headquartered in Memphis, Tennessee, ALSAC has additional offices
in more than 30 locations across the country and Puerto Rico with
positions in fundraising, marketing, digital, information
technology, legal, finance and many other disciplines all
supporting their lifesaving mission - Finding cures. Saving
In order to achieve this mission, ALSAC hires the best and
brightest from around the globe. In fact, ALSAC was named #1 on
Fast Company's 100 Best Workplaces for Innovators 2020! With a
concerted focus on diversity and inclusion, ALSAC values and
respects the contributions of all their employees. The work
environment encourages everyone to be their authentic selves as
ALSAC strives towards a day when “no child dies in the dawn of
As ALSAC looks to the future, they understand they must be
relentlessly innovative. ALSAC’s work helps fuel the groundbreaking
research and treatment at St. Jude and ensures that families never
receive a bill from St. Jude for treatment, travel, housing, or
food – because all a family should worry about is helping their
Position- Area Executive Director – Pennsylvania &
The Area Executive Director (AED) is responsible for leading,
developing and driving the comprehensive vision, fundraising and
growth strategies of the PA/DE area in alignment with ALSAC’s
Mid-Atlantic territory strategy. The Area priority markets include
Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Southern New Jersey, and Delaware. The
AED will lead a cross-divisional team of professionals to identify,
cultivate, solicit/close and steward high wealth donors,
corporations, partnerships, individual volunteers, donors, and
supporters with the purpose of growing existing revenue sources and
creating new revenue opportunities. The current revenue goal for
the Area is $30M.
- Establish a comprehensive fundraising strategy that represents
broad opportunities for donor prospecting, cultivation,
acquisition, retention, and growth on an annual and sustained
- Provide leadership to staff to execute all fundraising
including events, corporate support, and major gifts to achieve the
Area’s annual fundraising target.
- Direct the meaningful involvement of leadership volunteers in
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies to ensure income
diversity and growth.
Community Development and Public Outreach
- Provide leadership, management and support for the development
and execution of mission-driven programs.
- Promote the understanding of the mission of ALSAC/St. Jude in
the PA & DE area with the purpose of increasing market presence
- Represent ALSAC/St. Jude at designated functions.
- Represent the best interests, professionalism, and integrity of
ALSAC/St. Jude in all activities and relationships through a
unified message and a commitment to organizational standards.
- Assume responsibility for the management and development of
staff and ongoing activities throughout the states of PA & DE,
as well as in Southern New Jersey.
- Inspire, motivate, and foster collaboration of a hybrid
in-person/remote, and growing team located throughout the state of
- Provide leadership and ensure a strong working relationship
between the PA & DE Area, other Areas, and the Executive
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; Master’s
- Six or more years of experience in fundraising including
previous experience through levels of progressive management
responsibility, e., supervision, budgeting, strategic planning,
organizational development, cost control, manpower allocation,
special events fundraising, etc.
- Prior experience with creating a market penetration strategy
focused on acquiring and cultivating a diverse donor base.
- Successful accomplishments with increasing responsibilities in
senior level leadership
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion,
specifically as it relates to internal organizational practices and
- Demonstrated effective, professional relationships with
internal and external key
- Prior experience in managing a remote team and fostering a
- Knowledge of philanthropic communities in geographic focus
areas, particularly in the Philadelphia region.
- Experience interacting with people of high wealth and
- Knowledge of fundraising best practices and
- Tenacious and approachable leadership style, with excellent
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the
- Self-directed and capable of working independently with
- Speak and write in a clear and understandable manner for
- Ability to speak publicly and inspire people to get
- Ability to understand extremely complex verbal or written
instructions and execute on those
This position description is based upon material provided by
ALSAC, an equal opportunity employer.
To apply to this position please visit www.drgsearch.com.