Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger
and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses
to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and
Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood
hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food
they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way
to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold,
creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our
mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider
becoming part of our team.
The Manager, Mid-Level Donors reports to and collaborates with
the Senior Manager, Mid-Level Donors to manage all aspects of
cultivating and stewarding mid-level donors ($1,000 to $9,999).
Through cultivation and stewardship, this individual will actively
work to deepen relationships across a defined mid-level donor
portfolio to engage donors per their preferences and ascertained
interests, retain, renew, and lift their giving levels.
The role is preferably based in Washington, DC, but could be
fully remote for the right candidate. Range for offers:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a caseload capacity of 500-700 mid-level donors, driving
to increase revenue and retention.
- Cultivate and steward donors with a donor-centric focus to
convey the impact of their giving.
- Engages and deepens relationships per the donors’ interests and
- Following organizational mid-level business rules, execute
strategy through mail, phone, and email communication with little
- Cultivates mid-level donors by providing timely and targeted
updates, conveying appreciation, and moving their gift levels up,
as possible. Strategically engage executives, program team, and
others in acknowledgements.
- Record all actions and updates in donor database, including
call notes and requests made by donor for personal communication
- Keep current on No Kid Hungry programs and projects to
effectively communicate the mission to donors.
- Collaborate with direct response, culinary and major gifts
teams to enhance donor experience and develop efficient internal
processes for increased giving.
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to
be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is
embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field strongly preferred and/or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two to four years of fundraising experience required.
Experience in a geographically dispersed non-profit, with member
services, direct mail, or related areas a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal
and written), with exceptional attention to detail.
- Confidence and poise in peer and donor interactions and
- Ability to work on deadlines in a fluid environment with a high
level of accuracy and attention to detail, especially in recording
donor interactions in database.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships at all
levels of organization.
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and
organizational skills required.
- Outstanding interpersonal and relationship management skills,
including the ability to identify and work through challenges,
underscored by strong judgment and emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and efficiently on
multi-step, detail-oriented projects in a fluid environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including
experience presenting to high-level audiences.
- Commitment to professional development and keeping current on
best practices for mid-level stewardship and development.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, and experience with fund
raising database - Raiser’s Edge highly preferred.
- Interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty issues.
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of
backgrounds, experiences, ideas and perspectives. A hallmark of our
history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire to
bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to work
together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and poverty
in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength with a
unique background, but together we form a team that yields amazing
results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing diversity
in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that is
highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and
collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the
organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths,
we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a
healthy and productive life.