Since 1984, Share Our Strength® has led the fight against hunger
and poverty by inspiring and organizing individuals and businesses
to share their strengths. Today, through the No Kid Hungry and
Cooking Matters campaigns, Share Our Strength is ending childhood
hunger in America by ensuring all children get the healthy food
they need. No child should go hungry in America – we’re on our way
to making that a reality and we want you to join us. We’re bold,
creative, always open to new ideas, and 100% dedicated to our
mission. If that sounds like you, we’d like you to consider
becoming part of our team.
The Associate, Digital Fundraising will play an integral role in
connecting new and existing supporters with the mission of Share
our Strength and the No Kid Hungry Campaign via digital channels.
The Associate will utilize their knowledge of direct response and
digital marketing best practices to create engaging and meaningful
fundraising campaigns that will deeply connect donors to the
important work that No Kid Hungry undertakes with the help of our
supporters. Under the supervision of the Manager, Digital
Fundraising, the Associate will help to execute high-value digital
fundraising campaigns on the website, digital ads and email with
the goal of acquiring, cultivating, and retaining mission-based
supporters. This role requires strong organization and project
management skills, and the ability to think creatively and move
quickly in the digital space. Excellent communication, copywriting
and editing skills will be key in this role. The Associate also
provides administrative and communications coordination
The role is preferably based in Washington, DC, but could be
fully remote for the right candidate. Range for offers:
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide meaningful contribution to the overall team goals.
- Support the planning and execution of No Kid Hungry’s digital
fundraising campaigns through activities including content
research, writing, editing, and project management.
- Help to develop and review content for fundraising emails,
donation pages, digital ads, and other digital elements.
- Brainstorm and contribute to the development of new digital
fundraising ideas, tactics and strategies for successful
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of metrics, tactics,
strategies, and best practices for digital fundraising
- Provide basic digital performance data using Facebook Business
Manager, Google Ads and Google Analytics.
- Aid in A/B and multivariant test set-up and reporting.
- Manage the invoice processing, and other administrative
- Partner with colleagues to support Share Our Strength's work to
be a diverse and inclusive organization, and ensuring this value is
embedded in the organization and throughout our work.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required, and 2-3 years of
experience in digital fundraising.
- Ability to manage multifaceted projects and to excel
independently in a dynamic multi-tasking environment are
- Strong analytical, strategic planning, time management, and
organizational skills required.
- Demonstrated ability in using digital channels and tools for
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal
and written), including strong presentation skills.
- Proficient in MS Office suite, experience with Luminate
preferred, intermediate skill with Facebook Business Manager,
Google Ads and Google Analytics.
- Demonstrated interest in anti-hunger and anti-poverty
At Share Our Strength, we value an individual’s diversity of
backgrounds, experiences, ideas and b perspectives. A hallmark of
our history, culture and values has been the organization’s desire
to bring together motivated, intelligent, and talented people to
work together to find and implement solutions to end hunger and
poverty in the U.S. and abroad. We each come to Share Our Strength
with a unique background, but together we form a team that yields
amazing results. This shared value of encouraging and embracing
diversity in our organization fosters a workplace and culture that
is highlighted for its innovation, open expression of ideas, and
collaboration. With a strong shared commitment to the
organization’s mission, and a unique blend of individual strengths,
we are all working toward ensuring that every individual can live a
healthy and productive life.