World Food Program USA, a nonprofit organization
based in Washington, DC, proudly supports the mission of the United
Nations World Food Programme by mobilizing American policymakers,
businesses and individuals to advance the global movement to end
hunger. Our leadership and support help to bolster an enduring
American legacy of feeding families in need around the
World Food Program USA’s values, Collaborative,
Accountable, Respectful, Inclusive, and Optimistic, provide the
framework for how we behave and work together to reach our goals to
feed and save the lives of the most vulnerable people around the
OVERALL POSITION DESCRIPTION:
The Senior Associate will oversee aspects of the planning and
execution of a robust program of integrated multi-channel
fundraising for mid-level and core donors, including direct mail
donor acquisition, solicitation, upgrade/renewal, cultivation, and
stewardship. The position is accountable for meeting or exceeding
specific financial goals and works in close collaboration with
Marketing and Communications, Policy, and a full-service external
direct response agency to achieve those goals.
- Work in partnership with the Director and an external,
full-service direct response agency to develop and implement
strategies for direct mail donor acquisition, solicitation, and
- Work in close collaboration to achieve shared goals for: new
donor acquisition; mid-level donor solicitation and stewardship;
monthly donor recruitment and upgrading; and donor retention.
- Manage the direct mail production calendar and ensure that all
production steps and deliverables are achieved and delivered on
schedule. Maintain a system for archiving creative samples.
- Schedule and facilitate creative briefings between WFP staff
and our agency creative team.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day contact between WFP USA and our
direct response agency for issues relating to the timely and
accurate production of our direct mail. Includes running weekly
production and monthly strategy meetings with our agency partners
and internal stakeholders.
- In partnership with our direct response agency and internal
staff, develop audience segmentation, list selection requirements,
and testing objectives and strategies.
- Track and analyze the response to our direct response efforts
and apply the learning to future efforts. Produce occasional
- Monitor costs; process invoices; and proactively identify and
resolve potential cost overruns.
- Manage upload processes to ensure data integrity
- Facilitate the sharing of information about upcoming mailings
with relevant departments within the organization.
- Work with vendors to pull all lists and manage related vendor
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for our shared vision of creating a world with zero
- Commitment to a donor-centric framework that honors the donor
journey from first to ultimate gift, and the many ways donors
engage with and support WFP USA
- 1-3 years of experience in development communications.
Experience executing direct mail initiatives, ideally within a
fundraising or membership department, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Knowledge and Experience
- Familiarity with the practices and techniques of direct
response marketing and fundraising.
- Familiarity with Salesforce or other CRM
- Prior experience managing budgets and relationships with
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong editorial skills and a proof-reader’s eye for
- Demonstrated ability to manage workflow processes &
- Ability to coordinate input from multiple stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work
- Experience with Microsoft Office with significant knowledge of
Excel and Access.
- Occasional travel to conferences and meetings.
Personal Characteristics and Work Style
- Collaborative and team-oriented individual who can engage and
motivate others in a wide variety of functions across an
- Strong affinity for WFP USA’s mission and program
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume and cover letter to the
link provided. No phone calls or agencies,
World Food Program USA is a nonprofit organization. This is
a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and
outstanding benefits. WFP USA is an equal opportunity