Asia Society was founded on the tenacious belief that genuine
understanding across cultures unlocks the potential for a peaceful
and sustainable world. Asia Society is at an exciting moment, as we
transition the 65-year-old institution, for increased accessibility
and visibility in an increasingly digital world. Concurrent with
our first brand refresh in a generation, we are seeking to increase
the vibrancy and visibility of our landmark headquarters building
on Park Avenue. Our New York City headquarters coordinates work in
our 14 global centers where we’re leveraging new digital tools to
reach and galvanize people who see themselves as members of our
global community and want to work with us toward these goals at
this critical moment in history.
The Manager, Development Operations & Stewardship is a
mission critical position, a key member of the Asia Society
Development team, and responsible for both the department’s donor
database (Salesforce), database tracking and acknowledgment and
stewardship to ensure donor satisfaction.
We are looking for a passionate team member who resonates with
those ideas, and this lynchpin position requires a person that
combines discipline and attention to detail with an ability to
creatively identify and respond to new opportunities. Working
closely with the entire Development team, this role reports to the
Chief Development Officer, ensuring maximum use of the newly
installed Salesforce CRM and Marketing Cloud suite of tools. This
role ensures that the team remains in close communication with Asia
Society’s financial team and management throughout the
organization, ensuring data integrity, producing timely reports and
coordinating stewardship communication with current and potential
- Oversee and champion the Development team’s Salesforce donor
database (Salesforce and Salesforce suite of products) and its
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of Development’s data (donor
and prospect records) assuring its quality, consistency and
accuracy, helping drive excellence for fundraising tracking as well
as stewardship efforts.
- Perform all data imports: review, clean, and standardize source
data; create import files and run queries using Salesforce.
Post-import, perform quality control and correct inconsistencies to
maintain data integrity.
- Create stewardship reports and other custom reports for a broad
platform of needs.
- Prepare donor and prospect research and solicitation reports
and briefs and use this information to continually update the
- Prepare summaries and briefs that serve as background for
executive meetings and conversations with major donors and
- Work with Chief Development Officer and Managing Director of
Development to keep regular detailed projections for contributions
from individuals, corporations and foundations. Flag deficiencies
and facilitate plan adjustments.
- Produce and coordinate lists, appeal mailings and invitations
- Manage donor acknowledgements.
- Create and maintain policies and procedures for all Development
- Ensure that information related to fundraising work is
collected, organized and managed effectively.
- Continually improve the effectiveness of existing fundraising
- Perform additional duties as needed.
- BA or BS degree
- 4 years related work experience
- Experience and particular aptitude for disciplined tracking and
inputting fundraising data Salesforce and Salesforce suite of
products highly desired
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and successfully in a
- Creative, highly organized and nimble work style
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Team player who has the ability to work independently and
collaboratively across departments and institution
- Strong attention to detail as well as skills and background in
successfully managing events and or dynamic accounts
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Outstanding analytical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent communication skills in both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to
communicate effectively and professionally with executive staff and
board members and to build productive relationships with all donors
and other organization partners
- Identifies new and creative ways of doing something or solving
a problem that improves, changes and results in value to the way
Asia Society’s data is tracked and organized
- Professional demeanor
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, and confidence
Asia Society offers a competitive salary, as well as a
comprehensive benefits package. For benefits information please
visit www.asiasociety.org/about/careers and
click on “Employee Benefits” to view our full benefits
HOW TO APPLY:
Please email your cover letter and resume indicating position
reference code COP-2211 and salary requirements to: email@example.com.
Indicate job title in the subject line. Resumes without
cover letters will not be accepted. No phone calls, please.
Only those candidates considered for an interview will be
contacted. Please regard your resume as having been received
unless your email is bounced back.
Asia Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer