BRYANT GROUP is partnering with Catalyst Family Inc. (formerly Continuing Development Inc.) in seeking a strategic, collaborative, and growth-minded leader with extensive experience in operations and staff management to assume the role of Deputy Director, Center Operations. This talented and dedicated business person will lead a team of regional center operations leaders in a joint effort to meet Catalyst Family Inc.’s goals in financial management and program quality, while providing support that enables Catalyst staff throughout the state of California to do what they love most as they guide the development of children. Catalyst Family Inc.’s Center Operations division, which this position is responsible for and guides, has over 1,000 employees. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer.
While Catalyst Family Inc.’s headquarters are in Morgan Hill, California (15 miles southeast of San Jose), this opportunity requires extensive travel within the state of California (up to 70%), including visits to regional offices in Sacramento, Oxnard, and Irvine as well as to Catalyst’s 160+ child development centers in northern and southern California (see map on page 3). Catalyst Family Inc. is open to the successful candidate living in any community in California that geographically facilitates frequent travel to these areas.
CATALYST FAMILY INC.
Catalyst Family Inc. has been preparing children for success in school and creating a foundation for life-long learning for over 50 years. Established in 1975 as Continuing Development Incorporated, the organization changed its name to Catalyst Family Inc.
Catalyst’s programs are individualized, unique, and specific to the needs of families and local communities. The entire Catalyst Family Inc. team is committed to meeting individual community needs, and their large agency view affords the stability, resources, and scale needed to help all kids shine. Catalyst Family Inc. accomplishes its mission of providing responsive services for communities, families, and children through the work of three subsidiaries:
- Catalyst Kids (formerly Child Development Centers)
- Catalyst Camps (formerly Young Set Club)
- Catalyst Community (formerly Choices for Children)
Catalyst Family Inc.’s Mission
“We believe in providing responsive services for communities, families, & children.”
For more information, visit https://www.catalystkids.org/
The Deputy Director, Center Operations is responsible for establishing, scaling, and sustaining programs of excellence that champion the agency’s mission and culture. They will be responsible for leading a team of regional center operations leaders to meet agency goals in financial management and program quality, while providing support to inspire center staff to do what they love most as they guide the development of children. The Center Operations division of the Agency, that this position will be responsible for and guide, is over 1,000 employees large. With an eye towards new business growth and development, the Deputy Director, Center Operations will also oversee the strategic planning and execution of initiatives to deliver on annual and long-term goals. This includes building strategic roadmaps to ensure all programs align with business objectives, while ensuring partnership and collaboration with key departmental stakeholders in the implementation of policies, systems, and procedures.
Essential Job Functions
- Spearhead the design and implementation of short and long-range strategy in order to maintain financial health and create sustainability in a time of growth and scaling.
- Oversee existing services, initiate innovations, and set challenging and realistic goals for growth, performance, and profitability.
- Effectively align systems and structures across teams and functions.
- High-level oversight of enrollment and program success, ensuring financial, marketing, and agency resources are sufficient for all programs to operate safely, efficiently, and in a fiscally responsible manner.
- Forge strategic partnerships and relationships with external partners/vendors, including school district and state entities.
- Project manage and lead several initiatives simultaneously across different regions.
- Support talent development through effective coaching, performance feedback, and mentorship of employees. Model effective relationship building skills in all interactions and provide resources and tools towards achieving career and education goals.
- Develop and strengthen financial expertise in team members while building systems to allow for managers to maximize resources for impact.
- Participate in special projects as assigned.
The MINIMUM formal relevant education required by the position:
- BA Degree in Business or related field
- Preferred: MBA or Master’s in related field
The MINIMUM relevant experience necessary to qualify for the position:
- 8-10 years’ experience in Operations
- At least 5 years’ experience in direct people management
Catalyst Family Inc. has retained the BRYANT GROUP to assist in this recruitment process.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your letter of interest and qualifications for the position as outlined in this announcement in confidence to:
320 Decker Drive, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75062
Priority will be given to candidates whose materials arrive before December 23. Catalyst is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, and maintain a drug-free workplace.