BRYANT GROUP is partnering with Catalyst Family Inc. (formerly Continuing Development Inc.) in seeking an accomplished, collaborative, and growth minded leader with a track record of success and extensive experience in leading accounting and finance teams, strategic planning, management consulting, and business development, preferably in the nonprofit and/or educational fields as the Deputy Director, Finance & Accounting. This talented and dedicated accounting professional will lead Catalyst Family Inc.’s finances, accounting, purchasing, contract and/or grant management and billing, leases, and third-party billing. Further, this position offers the successful candidate the opportunity to be a thought leader and active player in the continued improvement and expansion of Catalyst’s services. Being on the Catalyst Family Inc. team provides the opportunity to serve Californians through “providing responsive services for communities, families, and children” under the direction of Catalyst’s committed, long term executive leadership. This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and is located at Catalyst Family Inc.’s headquarters in the South Bay Area (Silicon Valley) in Morgan Hill, an attractive and prosperous community approximately 15 miles southeast of San Jose.
CATALYST FAMILY INC.
Catalyst Family Inc. has been preparing children for success in school and creating a foundation for life-long learning for over 50 years. Established in 1975 as Continuing Development Incorporated, the organization changed its name to Catalyst Family Inc. in 2020.
Catalyst’s programs are individualized, unique, and specific to the needs of families and local communities. The entire Catalyst Family Inc. team is committed to meeting individual community needs and their large agency view affords the stability, resources, and scale needed to help all kids shine. Catalyst Family Inc. accomplishes its mission of providing responsive services for communities, families, and children through the work of three subsidiaries:
- Catalyst Kids (formerly Child Development Centers)
- Catalyst Camps (formerly Young Set Club)
- Catalyst Community (formerly Choices for Children)
Catalyst Family Inc.’s Mission
“We believe in providing responsive services for communities, families, & children.”
For more information, visit https://www.catalystkids.org/
The Deputy Director of Finance and Accounting leads and oversees administration of all agency financial activities, including preparation of financial reports, statements, summaries, analysis, and forecasting. This includes analysis and financial strategies supporting current and future business initiatives, efficiency, and maximizing ROI while supporting business development and investment efforts. The Deputy Director, Finance and Accounting will lead the organization’s finances, accounting, purchasing, contract and/or grant management and billing, leases, and third-party billing. Further, this Deputy Director will be a thought leader and active player for growth, financial structure, and pursuing/consummating transactions.
Essential Job Functions
- Leads the Finance and Accounting Department to ensure the provision of the necessary financial services and resources to achieve current and future business objectives, controls, and business integrity.
- Oversees financial forecasting and budgets, including preparation of all financial reporting, to include monthly financial reports and metrics needed to support monitoring of financial performance.
- Fosters a growth mindset and culture of continuous improvement and critical thinking throughout the Finance and Accounting team, working closely with other team members to identify and implement changes to systems, processes, and practices that will improve quality and efficiency.
- Maintains appropriate data for audits and analysis of agency operations; oversees all preparations for financial audits. This includes annual external audits and periodic audits by funding entities.
- Maintains a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs of the organization.
- Recommends revision of agency and financial policies and internal controls to comply with contract requirements.
- Prepares financial reports, budgets, trend analyses, and other documents for Board of Director meetings, as requested by COO.
- Participates as a member of the Executive Advisory Team in strategic planning and organizing agency-wide initiatives and projects.
- Evaluates and advises COO on the impact of long-range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies/roadmaps, and acts as gatekeeper for all financial regulatory actions and requirements.
- Oversees and evaluates staff productivity and developmental growth including performance reviews, coaching, and mentoring.
- Travel 15-20%.
The MINIMUM formal relevant education required by the position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics or equivalent
- CPA or equivalent
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in a related discipline
Experience in lieu of education is to be counted as part of formal education and not as part of the required experience. The MINIMUM relevant experience necessary to qualify for the position:
- Minimum 10-15 years leading accounting and finance teams, strategic planning, management consulting, business development, in a nonprofit or educational field strongly preferred.
Catalyst Family Inc. has retained the BRYANT GROUP to assist in this recruitment process.
To be considered for this opportunity, please submit your letter of interest and qualifications for the position as outlined in this announcement in confidence to:
320 Decker Drive, Suite 100
Irving, Texas 75062
Priority will be given to candidates whose materials arrive before December 23. Catalyst is proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V, and maintain a drug-free workplace.