California Agricultural Leadership Foundation (CALF) is a
501(c)(3) non-profit organization with a vision to develop leaders
united to strengthen California agriculture and sustainably supply
the world. We are committed to leadership training and
transformational learning experiences in partnership with four
California universities: Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo; Cal Poly,
Pomona; California State University, Fresno; and the University of
California, Davis. CALF supports the longest continuously operating
leadership training experience of its kind in the United States
which is widely considered to be the premier program, in its niche,
in the world.
Manager of Donor Relations engages the Board to build positive
external relationships and secure sufficient annual funding, which
allow us to achieve our mission and maximize our impact in the
- Set fundraising goals, create plans to achieve these goals, and
drive implementation, working in collaboration with the President
& CEO, Executive Vice President, select board members and
- Develop and execute strategies to diversify CALF’s sources of
support, including annual campaigns, major gifts, planned giving,
and corporate support.
- Effectively develop and manage donor relationships through the
various stages of identification, cultivation, solicitation, and
- Strengthen relationships with past and current donors, ensuring
appropriate, meaningful, and timely recognition of support.
- Collaborate with and support the fundraising work of Alumni
Experience and Qualifications:
- History of developing strategies and proposals that have led to
the successful solicitation and closing of individual, corporate,
and/or foundation gifts
- Experience on annual campaigns, working with major donors and
on strategies to attract major donors and more donors.
- Knowledge of corporate support cultivation, solicitation, and
- Familiar with fundraising office administration (best
practices, protocols, procedures, and record/data management).
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, including
the ability to skillfully and timely gather and analyze
information, and relay it to others clearly and concisely. Ability
to write effective proposals, donor solicitations, email
communications, and reports.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and
outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and able to project
manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with
- Ability to build and maintain collaborative working
relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Accomplished metrics-driven fundraiser with a track record of
soliciting and closing gifts.
- Ability to bring organizations to new levels of philanthropic
- Collaborative leader who works successfully with colleagues,
donors, volunteers, and board members.
- Ability to be nimble and pivot in response to opportunities and
- Demonstrate initiative, judgment, and managerial skill to fully
meet expectations of position.
Education and Position Expectations:
- Five years of experience in fundraising and communications or
equivalent combination of education and experience; experience in
agriculture industry sector a plus.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be
required to climb, push, pull and occasionally lift and/or move
equipment up to 25 pounds.
- Expected to perform full range of duties as assigned.
- Position requires occasionally working long days, nights and
weekends and some travel.
- CALF’s offices are located in Monterey, CA and staff are
expected to work at main office location unless otherwise agreed
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Benefits: California Agricultural Leadership
Foundation offers a competitive benefits package including
extensive health plan, which includes medical, dental and vision
coverage and life insurance; contributions to a 403B; and generous
paid holiday, vacation and sick leave.
California Agricultural Leadership Foundation is committed to
building a diverse workforce. California Agricultural Leadership
Foundation provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all
employees and applicants for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age,
disability or genetics.
How to Apply: Interested applicants are
encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume by email to email@example.com.
This position is available immediately and will remain open
For more information about California Agricultural Leadership
Foundation, please visit https://www.agleaders.org/