Purpose of the position
Increasing institutional revenue
dollars to the organization and will be responsible for the
implementation and management of all aspects of the institutional
giving fundraising strategies for the Charles Darwin Foundation as
well as playing a role in promoting the role of the Research
Station and its presence in multiple, strategically determined
international regions. .
- Professional with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business
Administration, International Relations, Communication, Public
Relations, Conservation, Environment.
- Management of office utilities, accounting or related fields,
project writing, sales force software, etc.
- At least 4 years working in similar positions.
- 4 years of experience writing fundraising proposals /
- 2-4 years of work in non-profit organizations or in the private
- Minimum 2 years of experience in financial
- Minimum 2 years working in a multicultural
- Bilingual 100% spoken and written in Spanish and
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ease of joining a
multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that presents numerous
opportunities, unforeseen events and challenges, and is
characterized by limited logistical resources and geographic
- Service orientation.
- Working under pressure.
- Direct and manage all relationships, processes, proposals and
reports related to institutional donors.
- Administer and execute all institutional donor activities
before receiving or disbursing funds.
- Work closely with scientists, Chief Development Officer (CDO)
and Executive Director to develop, manage and send various forms of
proposals (including concept papers, letters of inquiry and formal
proposals) to institutional donor prospects.
- Forge and cultivate personal relationships with past, current
and potential donors, together with the Executive Director and
- Provide support to the Executive Director as staff officer
during the activities related to institutional donors.
- Research and cultivate new institutional donors, together with
the Executive Director and CDO.
- Review and manage the memorandums of understanding/donor
- Assist meetings with finance and administration areas of CDF
and actively contribute to the development of fundraising
- Be responsible for the financial objectives, the portfolio of
prospects and activities mutually agreed upon with the Executive
Director and CDO; prepare monthly activity reports.
- Provide information on general fundraising objectives,
strategies, plans and activities as a member of the fundraising
- Provide input to the annual report and other institutional
communications and fundraising tools. Conceptualize possibilities
of different types of projects that are relevant to the community,
environment and CDF.
Conditions of Employment
The Grants Manager will be supervised by the CDF Development
Director, will be based at the Charles Darwin Research Station
Office on the island of Santa Cruz, in the Galapagos archipelago,
The Grants Manager will faithfully comply with the rules,
regulations and procedures manuals of the CDF, and will also
observe and strictly comply with the rules and regulations of the
GNPD. The benefits will be negotiated according to the profile of
How to apply
Those interested in this position should send the following
information via e-mail to (email@example.com ):
- Updated resume.
- Letter of interest, describing their skills according to the
minimum requirements for this position.
- Three professional recommendation letters, including the names
and email addresses of the references.
- Names and email addresses of two references that can give a
personal recommendation of the candidate.
We kindly ask you to send all the necessary documents in a
single PDF file. If you need additional information, contact the