Our client has entered into a multi-year partnership with a
major sporting organization and is seeking qualified candidates for
a Manager of Events position. This partnership represents an
exciting opportunity for the right individual to help advance the
organizations’ brands, build new relationships inside and outside
the related sporting industry/fan base, and advance philanthropic
support around an innovative, mission-driven philanthropic campaign
which will become an “official charity” of the partnered sporting
POSITION SUMMARY – MANAGER OF EVENTS
The Manager of Events will coordinate, manage, and advance the
client’s partnership with a major sporting association, working
directly with association officials as well as the client’s senior
leadership, foundation and marketing/communications department. The
ideal candidate will represent the client in high-level
professional settings, will be intimately involved with the major
sporting organization, will conduct travel to the related sporting
event venues, and will help build a multi-year program from the
1. Coordinates all client activity related to sporting
association events (tournaments, corporate sponsor activities,
presenting sponsor opportunities, etc.). Serves as client
liaison/point person with the sporting association.
2. Networks with all relevant groups to maximize efforts and
leverage relationship on behalf of client.
3. Works directly with the client CEO’s office with regard to
sporting association hospitality and special event opportunities.
Serves as on-site coordinator when hosting client guests at
sporting association events.
4. Represents client at all planning and logistics meetings with
the sporting association related to client’s role as corporate
partner and presenting event sponsor.
5. In concert with the client’s chief philanthropy officer,
oversees annual budget related to client’s annual sporting
6. Works with sporting association officials to track, monitor,
manage and report on contractual KPIs related to the
7. Works closely with the client foundation team and Major Gift
Officer to help implement sporting association-related fundraising
activities and meet annual related fundraising goals.
8. Performs all other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in related field (communications,
philanthropy, marketing, public relations, not-for-profit
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 3 to 5 years’ experience in event planning,
communications, public relations, philanthropy, or another related
• Exceptional interpersonal communication and presentation
• Organized and self-starting; must have an “executive”
• Ability to professionally interface with CEO-level corporate
partners and potential donors.
• Ability to convey passion for client, its work and the
partnership with the sporting association.
• Must have, and maintain, high personal and professional
integrity and be able to represent the organization in a
professional and engaging manner.
• Must be able to manage multiple, complicated projects
• Must be able to work within complex and different
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in related field.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 5+ years or more years’ experience in
sporting/sporting-related event planning, presentation and/or