Marketing and Communications Director
Purpose of the position
Generate and develop strategies that position and strengthen the
presence of the CDF at the national and international level with a
primary and measurable focus on critical groups of stakeholders,
with particular emphasis on those groups that impact the
organization's fundraising capacity. Position requires close
collaboration with the Development team.
- Postgraduate degree, at a minimum a Master's degree in careers
related to Marketing, Communication, Social Communication,
Journalism, Public relations.
- Management of office utilities, personnel management, knowledge
of design programs, market trends.
- At least 8 years working in similar positions, preference given
to those with at least 2 of these years working in Latin
- Minimum 8 years leading marketing and communication teams.
- Minimum 8 years working on institutional communication
- Minimum 3 years experience with fundraising campaigns.
- Experience with multicultural teams.
- Experience using web and social metrics to drive successful
- Bilingual 100% spoken and written in Spanish and English.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ease of joining a
multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to work in a dynamic environment that presents numerous
opportunities, unforeseen events and challenges, and is
characterized by limited logistical resources and geographic
- Service Orientation
- Decision making
- Work under pressure
- Fund Raising Campaigns
- Identify and target key stakeholder groups at the local,
national, and international level such as current and future
donors, conservation NGOs, the scientific community, the population
of Puerto Ayora.
- Tailor a targeted cross-platform strategy to drive strategic
outcomes with each stakeholder group.
- Prioritize and develop messaging campaigns that impact each
group with a strategy associated with qualitative and quantitative
outcome-driven metrics that can be assessed by ED, CDO and the
- Prepare, implement, and update the CDF communication and
marketing strategy; plan and budget its execution annually.
- Lead the Communications and Institutional Promotion teams.
- Socialize with clear communication to all members of the team
the metrics by which they will be evaluated.
- Manage communication and marketing funds and allocate them to
drive priority outcomes identified by institutional
- Provide support to other areas.
- Others related to the position.
Conditions of Employment
The Director of Marketing and Communications will be supervised
by the Executive Director of the CDF, will be based in the Office
of the Charles Darwin Research Station on the island of Santa Cruz,
in the Galapagos archipelago, Ecuador.
The Director of Marketing and Communications will faithfully
comply with the rules, regulations, and procedures manuals of the
CDF, and will also observe and strictly comply with the rules and
regulations of the GNPD. The benefits will be negotiated according
to the profile of the candidate.
How to apply
Those interested in this position should send the following
information via e-mail to (firstname.lastname@example.org ):
- Updated resume.
- Letter of interest, describing their skills according to the
minimum requirements for this position.
- Three professional recommendation letters, including the names
and email addresses of the references.
- Names and email addresses of two references that can give a
personal recommendation of the candidate.
We kindly ask you to send all the necessary documents in a
single PDF file. If you need additional information, contact the