Plans, organizes, implements and evaluates philanthropic
activities that support and benefit the Diocese of Metuchen and its
organizations. Responsible for grant applications, managing
fund raising programs and the establishment of the
endowments. Ensures all activities are conducted in support
of the mission, philosophy and values of the Diocese. Is a person
who is a practicing Roman Catholic.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Plans, organizes and evaluates programs and events that
encourage philanthropic support for the Diocese and its
organizations; recommends appropriate fund raising activities and
- Plans, develops and implements the Bishop’s Annual Appeal and
evaluate and make recommendations for its ongoing success.
- Collaborates with parishes, schools and diocesan entities to
address structural, fiscal and ministerial needs through programs
that include but are not limited to capital campaigns, increased
offertory, stewardship initiatives and annual appeals.
- Develop and implement capital campaigns, increased offertory
programs, stewardship initiatives and annual appeals.
- Creates fundraising strategies that increase support from
individuals through major gift identification and cultivation as
well as corporations, foundations and other sources; monitors and
evaluates effectiveness of fund raising programs.
- Seeks philanthropic support through annual giving, direct mail,
memorials, grants, special events, capital campaigns, planned
giving and various other programs.
- Responds appropriately and effectively to donor inquiries.
- Leads, directs and presents at parish and diocesan finance
council meetings, deanery meetings, parish and diocesan staff
- Participates in top-level fund-raising activities, gift
acceptance and recognition activities; cultivates effective
relationships with current and potential donors.
- Establishes and maintains a high level of visibility throughout
the Diocese in order to promote programs and initiatives of the
Department and Diocese.
- Ability to develop a planned giving program and solicit legacy
- Maintains and nurtures the relationship between the Diocese and
those who are and have been major contributors in the past.
- Provides oversight of the design, development and
administration of the donor information system.
- Acts as a consultant to pastors, boards, principals and parish
representatives regarding fund raising and grantsmanship.
- Maintains current knowledge regarding information and trends in
philanthropy; maintains memberships in professional organizations
and stays abreast of tax law and IRS rulings affecting charitable
- Works with advisory groups and boards for planning, organizing
and evaluating programs for which funds are needed.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and development of
informational materials relating to all development
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. 10 years
of experience in a fund raising environment preferably in church,
school or an equivalent mix of education and experience.