York REPORTS TO:
Gifts Officer JOB CLASSIFICATION:
Full-Time; Exempt; Union
PURPOSE OF THE JOB:
The Individual Giving
Associate is responsible primarily for the coordination of
fundraising for individual gifts under $5,000 through
direct-marketing, online and social media appeals. The Individual
Giving Associate provides support for individual prospect research
and screening management and the major gifts moves management
system. This is also an opportunity for the Individual Giving
Associate to design and implement new individual giving initiatives
that will create long-term revenue potential for the organization,
including in areas like the refinement and management of an
emerging leader (young donor) leadership circle, peer-to-peer
fundraising, matching gifts and workplace giving.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
critical support to the individual giving program with duties
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Working in partnership with Major Gifts Officer, design and
maintain a stewardship program that provides excellent donor care
for annual fund and mid-level donors.
- Manage special projects such as peer to peer fundraising
through charity races (ex: NY Marathon, TD Bike Tour) and social
media campaigns (ex: Facebook fundraisers), and others.
- Manage various consultants and vendors involved with
fundraising campaigns and development infrastructure, including
printers, mail houses, and external partnerships related to
peer-to-peer giving initiatives.
- Advance and implement a young donor leadership circle for
emerging leaders to engage, develop and support initiatives that
advance the work of the organization.
- Work with Major Gifts officer to design and execute a calendar
for communication and solicitation through direct mail, online, and
social media engagement, targeting donors under $5K.
- Work closely with Development team and Communications team to
draft compelling and data-informed fundraising copy and fundraising
marketing materials and appeal letters, and coordinate the approval
process for such copy with senior management and programmatic
- Support the creation of and provide logistical support for
individual giving campaigns and initiatives.
- Support the creation and development of the organization’s
Annual Report each year.
- Conduct prospect research on donors and prospects at the $5K+
level for major gifts efforts.
- Support the team’s training and management efforts of
department interns through the development of project-based
- Provide timely and accurate data entry on all individual
- Monitor and support recurring donor activities and recurring
- Other duties as requested based on department and/or
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 3-4 years relevant experience
required, at least 1-2 years working with mid-level and/or small
dollar donors preferred.
- Highly organized, superior attention to detail and
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- High-energy, self-starter that is willing and able to
collaborate with a team.
- Works well under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on verbal
and written communication and public presentation skills.
- Experience with Office tools such as PowerPoint, Excel and
- Introductory experience with graphics design tools (examples
including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Canva).
- Experience with web-based event and registration management
sites a plus (examples including: Classy, Eventbrite).
- Experience with CRM data entry a plus (examples including:
Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce, Virtuous).
- Ability to travel locally for events within NYC, as well as
between Human Rights First’s domestic offices (>25% of
Interested candidates should apply at https://www.humanrightsfirst.org/careers
Human Rights First is committed to recruiting, retaining,
and developing staff from a diversity of backgrounds, including
members of racial and ethnic minorities, LGBTQ people, people with
disabilities, people of all socioeconomic backgrounds, people of
all nationalities, and veterans of the U.S. Armed Forces. We
believe that a diverse staff and an inclusive work environment that
welcomes a range of perspectives make us stronger and more